Arsenal’s six year drought without silverware persists while a 48-year dry spell ends for Birmingham City on what announcers called the biggest day in the club’s history. On Sunday, Brum got an 89th minute goal from Obafemi Martins en route to a 2-1 win over the Gunners and the Carling Cup. Arsenal, on the other hand, saw their defending fail them at a crucial time, something that is sure to give new life to the criticisms heard countless times by this squad.
On this edition of the EPL Talk Podcast, myself and co-hosts Kartik Krishnaiyer and Laurence McKenna pay tribute to the Blues’ achievement while asking where the loss leaves Arsenal. We also talk about a weekend’s worth of action that saw strong results for who relegation battlers while Manchester United restored their four point lead.
Then, we look forward to Tuesday, when Chelsea and United will meet for the first time this season. Along the way, we get to your feedback on this, the weekend review show.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, Women’s World Cup, Euro 2024 & Gold Cup
The New Home of MLS
- Price: $14.99/mo. for MLS Season Pass
- Watch every MLS game including playoffs & Leagues Cup
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $9.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $12.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & FA Cup
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & Brasileirāo
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season