It wasn’t as great as the record-breaking 6 million combined total that watched the 2016 Liga MX Apertura Final, but the 2017 final still produced impressive numbers for Univision Deportes.
For the two legs of the final combined, the 2017 Liga MX Apertura final between Monterrey and Tigres totaled 4.9 million viewers.
In the first leg of the game on Thursday night, Tigres-Monterrey played to a 1-1 draw on a rain-soaked night, which was watched by 2.3 million viewers across Univision and Univision Deportes combined.
The second leg of the final averaged 2.4 million viewers as they witnessed Tigres winning 2-1 against Monterrey in regulation (and 3-2 on aggregate).
While the viewing number didn’t hit the heights of last year, that’s not surprising given the 2016 Liga MX Apertura final featured the hugely popular Club America against Tigres.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, Women’s World Cup, Euro 2024 & Gold Cup
The New Home of MLS
- Price: $14.99/mo. for MLS Season Pass
- Watch every MLS game including playoffs & Leagues Cup
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $10.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $14.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & FA Cup
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $5.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & Brasileirāo