Soccer is a game for everyone. Regardless of where you come from or where you are going, soccer is there.
That could be as a player, coach, fan or employee. Everyone has a different story of one team, one player or one moment that allowed them to become a fan of soccer.
Eventually, that passion grips our lives and essentially forces us to watch as many games as possible each day. Plus, with the breadth of soccer across the world, there are seemingly endless options to watch the beautiful game. We are curious, how did you become a soccer fan? Be sure to let us know your stories in the comment section.
Here are just some examples to jog your memory in thinking about your past experiences with the sport.
– A certain player did something special that simply wowed you. Something like Diego Maradona’s mazy run against England in the 1986 World Cup.
– Maybe you scored the game-winning goal in a youth team’s tournament that brought you elation. A moment like that can drive passion for years and keep players wanting more.
– Soccer could just be a part of your family, your history or your town. While soccer is on a rapid rise in the U.S., there are certainly passionate soccer hot beds in the U.S.
– Or, you support a club and you base your fandom around that. European soccer is prominent here in the United States. But, you could become a soccer fan based on an MLS, USL or Liga MX side.
How did you become a soccer fan?
Those are just a few examples of how people become soccer fans. We encourage you to be detailed as you recall some of your favorite soccer moments that boosted your fandom of the sport.
Let us know in the comment section below. There is a strong possibility someone else has the same story as you.
PHOTO: Keith Griner/Getty Images
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
- Price: $35/mo. for Sling Blue
- Watch Premier League, World Cup & MLS
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $9.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
110+ channels, live & on-demand
- Price: $59.95/mo. for Plus Package
- Includes FOX, FS1, ESPN, TUDN & more
- Vinícius and Foden should be in the ‘best young talent’ talk
- US Soccer releases report detailing abusive behavior in NWSL
- Book review of ‘How to Win the World Cup’ by Chris Evans
- Manchester United defeat highlights Ten Hag’s need for rotation
- 5 must-see Champions League games in matchday three
- Where to find Leicester City vs. Nottingham Forest on US TV
- Will FOX broadcast the World Cup in 4K?
- Where to find Chicago Red Stars vs. Angel City FC on US TV
- Where to find Portland Timbers vs. LAFC on US TV
- Where to find Man City vs. Man United on US TV