If anyone ever doubted the popularity of the Premier League on US television, Sunday’s live broadcasts of all 10 games on the final day of the season proved them wrong.
Sunday’s Premier League season finale registered a record Total Audience Delivery of 2.2 million viewers – marking the most-watched Championship Sunday in U.S. TV history, according to official national data provided by Nielsen and digital data from Adobe Analytics.
Sunday’s viewership milestone increased 19% from last year’s season finale (1.8 million) including:
• 854K for Liverpool-Wolves on NBC
• 443K for Brighton-Man City on NBCSN on Sunday from 10am-1pm ET
• 143K for Man United-Cardiff on USA on Sunday from 10am-Noon ET
• 142K for Everton-Spurs on SyFy on Sunday from 10am-Noon ET
The record numbers don’t include the Spanish-language coverage of the Premier League on NBC Sports sister stations Telemundo and Universo.
Compared to last season, viewing figures for the 2018/19 season were up 2%.
In its six seasons presenting the Premier League since 2013, NBC Sports has reached an average of 34.6 million TV viewers per season – more than doubling the 2012 season (13.3 million on ESPN, ESPN2 and FOX Soccer).
Viewership highlights for the 2018/19 season:
• Arsenal’s 2-0 win over Manchester United on Sunday, March 10 posted a Total Audience Delivery (TAD) average of 1.68 million viewers across all platforms – NBC, NBCSports.com, the NBC Sports app, and Telemundo – to rank as the second most-watched live Premier League match in U.S. history (1.72 million for the Manchester Derby in April 2018 on NBC, NBCSports.com, the NBC Sports app, and Telemundo).
• NBC Sports Group averaged a Total Audience Delivery of 457,000 per match window – up 2% from last season (449,000) (does not include Spanish-language telecasts or NBC Sports Gold streaming).
• NBCSports.com and the NBC Sports app delivered 879 million live streaming minutes – the most all time — during the 2018-19 season. In addition, seven of the 10 most-streamed Premier League matches in the U.S. took place in 2018-19.
• Since kicking off its Premier League coverage in August 2013, NBC Sports Group has televised 18 of the 20 most-watched live Premier League matches ever in the U.S. across all platforms.
• In their first major sports collaboration on U.S. TV since Comcast acquired Sky, NBC Sports and Sky Sports News combined to present an extensive “Premier League Transfer Deadline Day Special” for U.S. viewers on January 31. NBCSN presented six hours of live coverage for the in-season transfer deadline day. On March 4, NBCSN added a simulcast of Sky Sports News to its programming lineup each weekday at 11 a.m. ET. Throughout the second half of the season, NBC Sports integrated Sky Sports talent, exclusive content and interviews into its coverage.
25+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Euro 2020, Copa America, Gold Cup & MLS
- Includes ESPN, FOX, Univision, TUDN and more
Favorite Leagues At The Best Price
- Starting price: $7.99/mo. for Live TV Package
- Watch Argentine league, Brasileirāo and Copa Libertadores
- Includes beIN SPORTS, GolTV, TyC Sports and more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $5.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, Copa del Rey & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
Live TV, Soccer & Originals
- Starting price: $4.99/mo.
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & more
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more