Milan (AFP) – Italy striker Moise Kean has been ruled out of upcoming World Cup qualifiers because of “fatigue”, the Italian Football Federation (FIGC) announced on Wednesday.
The 21-year-old Kean, who is on loan this season at Paris Saint-Germain from Premier League side Everton, has been released to return to the French club.
“Kean has suffered from a state of fatigue that makes him unavailable for the next matches of the national team against Northern Ireland, Bulgaria and Lithuania,” the FICG said in a statement.
“For this reason, Kean was excluded from the list of the Azzurri squad and this morning he will return to his club Paris Saint-Germain.”
Keane has scored twice in eight appearances for the ‘Azzurri’.
Italy play Northern Ireland in Parma on Thursday, followed by Bulgaria three days later and Lithuania on March 31.
Coach Roberto Mancini has recovered Inter Milan players Alessandro Bastoni, Nicolo Barella and Stefano Sensi who had been unable to join the team following a coronavirus-outbreak in the northern club.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, Women’s World Cup, Euro 2024 & Gold Cup
The New Home of MLS
- Price: $14.99/mo. for MLS Season Pass
- Watch every MLS game including playoffs & Leagues Cup
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $9.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $12.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & FA Cup
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & Brasileirāo
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season