In the mid-week edition of the EPL Talk Podcast, the trio of Farley, McKenna and Krishnaiyer had a fascinating discussion about how much this Saturday’s FA Cup match means to Manchester United. While I don’t expect Sir Alex Ferguson to field a B team, some of his key players may be rested tomorrow for the more important Champions League match against Marseilles on Tuesday. At the same time, Manchester United does not want to go on a losing streak of three matches in a row, and will want to send a psychological message to Wenger and co. that United are in control and can compete in the FA Cup as well as Champions League and the Premier League.
Arsenal, on the other hand, will want to send a message to Manchester United that they mean business. If Arsenal can hold on for a win, it’ll damage Manchester United’s team spirit. If they can hold on for a draw, then it’ll mean an important replay at the Emirates at a stage of the season where the FA Cup will be the last thing on their priority list. A defeat for Arsenal would be demoralizing after such a tough loss to Barcelona mid-week.
What do you think? How do you see this game shaking out? And who will win it, and why? Share your feedback below.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, Women’s World Cup, Euro 2024 & Gold Cup
The New Home of MLS
- Price: $14.99/mo. for MLS Season Pass
- Watch every MLS game including playoffs & Leagues Cup
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $10.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $14.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & FA Cup
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $5.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & Brasileirāo