Wednesday night’s Copa MX semi-final between Club America and Chivas was the most-watched Copa MX match ever.
Univision’s presentation of the Copa MX SuperClasico between America and Guadalajara was watched by an average of 885,000 (ages 18-49) Wednesday night. The audience size matched ESPN’s NBA opener (OKC-Philly) and drew 5x the viewership of NBCSN’s NHL/Bruins-Rangers game (162,000).
El Super Clasico, the biggest rivalry in Mexican fútbol, was won by Chivas at the Azteca Stadium in Mexico City.
The previous time these two Mexican soccer giants met, Chivas won the match 3-0 in August. With Club America celebrating their centennial this year, Wednesday’s defeat to Chivas yet again was a crushing blow to America coach Ricardo La Volpe.
Source: Nielsen, NPM-H, except where noted, Live +Same Day data.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, Women’s World Cup, Euro 2024 & Gold Cup
The New Home of MLS
- Price: $14.99/mo. for MLS Season Pass
- Watch every MLS game including playoffs & Leagues Cup
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $9.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $12.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & FA Cup
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $5.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & Brasileirāo