Manchester (United Kingdom) (AFP) – Edinson Cavani was given his first Manchester United start for Tuesday’s Champions League Group H clash with Istanbul Basaksehir.
United manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer named Uruguay striker Cavani in his starting line-up for the first time since his deadline-day move to Old Trafford in October.
The 33-year-old left Paris Saint-Germain in the summer after seven years and joined United on a free transfer.
Cavani had scored once in six substitute appearances for United, netting in their Premier League win at Everton on November 7.
Dutch midfielder Donny van de Beek also made a rare start for United, while Paul Pogba was absent again due to injury.
David De Gea was selected in goal ahead of Dean Henderson, who had started the previous group game against Basaksehir in Turkey.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, Women’s World Cup, Euro 2024 & Gold Cup
The New Home of MLS
- Price: $14.99/mo. for MLS Season Pass
- Watch every MLS game including playoffs & Leagues Cup
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $9.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $12.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & FA Cup
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & Brasileirāo
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season