If Columbus wins tonight, we’ll have our first ever MLS Cup Final that does include DC United, the LA Galaxy, Houston/San Jose or Chicago. MLS can rightly claim it is more competitive than I ridiculed it for not being just a few short months ago.
The keys tonight:
- The Crew backline led by Chad Marshall have to stand strong and not be caught out of position.
- Chicago needs to clog the midfield and prevent Rogers and Gaven from finding space.
- The Crew need to follow Guille Schelotto’s veteran leadership and not find themselves falling for the provocation and mind games of the unsporting Cuauhtemoc Blanco.
- Chris Rolfe needs to be looking for opportunities to go forward linking up with Blanco.
I will not be able to provide commentary tonight for this huge game, probably the most exciting matchup we have had in MLS all year. I will be attending the ACC game on ESPN going on at the same time as the Eastern Conference Final is being played on ESPN 2. I will not see the game until tomorrow on my DVR. Feel free to leave in game commentary here.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, Women’s World Cup, Euro 2024 & Gold Cup
The New Home of MLS
- Price: $14.99/mo. for MLS Season Pass
- Watch every MLS game including playoffs & Leagues Cup
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $9.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $12.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & FA Cup
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & Brasileirāo
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season