Just when we thought this Saturday was going to be a bit of a snoozer in the Premier League, Paul Ince gets sacked and Blackburn Rovers have now appointed Sam Allardyce as the club’s new manager. His first match in charge will be this Saturday at Ewood Park against Stoke City.
In some ways, Big Sam was made for the Blackburn Rovers job. They’re a tough northern side that, like Bolton, were once great. Importantly for Big Sam, Blackburn is not a Newcastle United. There won’t be the immense pressure from supporters that a manager feels on Tyneside. But Allardyce definitely has a big task ahead of him. Avoiding relegation will be the one and only goal for Rovers this season, so the Allardyce can rebuild the squad in the summer.
Love him to hate him, Sam Allardyce was made to be an English Premier League manager. He’s the type of gaffer you always imagine standing on the touchline barking orders as the rain pours down. For Big Sam, this is a true challenge to see if he show his managerial prowess and turn Blackburn back into a force to be reckoned with. He did it at Bolton, failed at Newcastle, but can he succeed at Blackburn?
Welcome back Big Sam. We missed you, and your sharp suits.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, Women’s World Cup, Euro 2024 & Gold Cup
The New Home of MLS
- Price: $14.99/mo. for MLS Season Pass
- Watch every MLS game including playoffs & Leagues Cup
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $9.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $12.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & FA Cup
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & Brasileirāo