The door is certainly revolving at Juventus. Yesterday began with the club announcing the arrival of Chilean midfielder Arturo Vidal in Turin for a medical. Vidal is set to join the Bianconeri from Bayer Leverkusen for a fee of 10.5 million euros.
And as Vidal enters, Felipe Melo exits. Earlier this week, Melo was telling the press he was about to sign a lucrative deal with an unnamed European club. Juventus revealed today that club is Galatasaray. The Old Lady has loaned the Brazilian international for a fee of 1.5 million euros with a option to buy the player for 13 million after the 2011-2012 season.
Melo joined the Turin giants in the summer of 2009 for a deal worth around 25 million euros, making this a significant loss for the Bianconeri. Even though Melo has played well at times for Juve, he has never lived up to the expectation and now both player and club are turning the page.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, Women’s World Cup, Euro 2024 & Gold Cup
The New Home of MLS
- Price: $14.99/mo. for MLS Season Pass
- Watch every MLS game including playoffs & Leagues Cup
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $9.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $12.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & FA Cup
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & Brasileirāo
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season