Last Saturday’s game between Minnesota United and Rayo OKC on beIN SPORTS en Español drew 21,000 viewers, the most for an NASL match since the league’s debut on beIN SPORTS in April, 2016.
The NASL also beat out the Conference USA college football game on the beIN SPORTS’ English-language channel, which attracted only 13,000 viewers.
The 21,000 viewers for Minnesota United versus Rayo OKC tied the highest rating for a NASL game on beIN SPORTS from earlier this year.
With beIN SPORTS acquiring the TV rights to college football, it has bumped the vast majority of NASL games originally scheduled for beIN SPORTS to the Spanish-language beIN SPORTS en Español network. Even though the Spanish-language channel is in fewer homes than the English-language channel, perhaps last weekend’s number is a barometer of better things to come for the second division NASL?
The featured NASL game is Saturday’s match between Fort Lauderdale Strikers and Indy Eleven at 7pm ET on beIN SPORTS en Español and fuboTV.
100+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $29.99/mo. for fubo Español Package
- Watch Premier League, LaLiga, Liga MX & MLS
- Includes NBC, NBCSN, ESPN, FS1, FS2, TUDN, beIN SPORTS and more
Favorite Leagues At The Best Price
- Starting price: $7.99/mo. for Live TV Package
- Watch LaLiga, Primeira Liga and Copa Libertadores
- Includes beIN SPORTS, GolTV, TyC Sports and more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $5.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $12.99/mo.)
- Features Serie A, Bundesliga, FA Cup, EFL & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
Live TV, Soccer & Originals
- Starting price: $5.99/mo.
- Features Champions League, Europa League & NWSL
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ