Despite failing to impress in 2015 so far, Cristiano Ronaldo’s popularity on social media has soared as he became the most liked person on Facebook after overcoming Colombian Singer Shakira at the top of the charts on Sunday.
The 30-year-old has totalled over 107 million likes and is now miles ahead of the second most popular footballer on Facebook, Lionel Messi, who has a total of 78 million likes.
Of other celebrities like Justin Bieber (roughly 78 million) and Taylor Swift who has close to 75 million likes on Facebook, it’s Ronaldo who takes the cake easily in the social stakes.
And it doesn’t even stop there.
Ronaldo is also the most followed football personality on Twitter with almost 34.2 million followers, a good 12 million ahead of nearest competitor Kaka who has 22.2 million followers.
25+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, Liga MX, MLS & World Cup
- Includes ESPN, FOX, Univision, TUDN and more
Favorite Leagues At The Best Price
- Starting price: $7.99/mo. for Live TV Package
- Watch Argentine league, Brasileirāo and Copa Libertadores
- Includes beIN SPORTS, GolTV, TyC Sports and more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, Copa del Rey & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
Live TV, Soccer & Originals
- Starting price: $4.99/mo.
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & more
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
Get All 3 And Save 30%
- $13.99/mo. for ESPN+, Disney+ & Hulu
- Includes Bundesliga, LaLiga, NHL & the home to UFC
- Features Marvel, Star Wars + shows & movies for your entire family