Yaya Toure has signed a new contract at Manchester City to keep him at the club until 2017.
The new contract is worth approximately £11 million a year according to The Sun. The new deal was signed today after his agent warned a fortnight ago that Toure would leave Manchester City if no agreement was reached.
“I want to continue winning titles and trophies and continue to make history,” Toure told the Manchester City official website. “I have enjoyed all of my time here and can’t wait for the next chapter. This is an incredible club to be part of with fans that support a team to the end whatever the circumstances.”
The signing of Toure to a new four-year contract is a massive coup for City who value the Ivory Coast midfielder as a key part of their team.
Toure, 29, will next be in action for Manchester City in the derby that will be shown live on ESPN this Monday for viewers in the United States.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, Women’s World Cup, Euro 2024 & Gold Cup
The New Home of MLS
- Price: $14.99/mo. for MLS Season Pass
- Watch every MLS game including playoffs & Leagues Cup
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $9.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $12.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & FA Cup
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & Brasileirāo
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season