Ladies and gentlemen, take a second and place the back of your hand on your forehead to check to see if you have a fever. I have a gut feeling you may be suffering from World Cup Fever. But if you’re feeling 100% healthy, perhaps it’s time to check your paid time off balance to see if you have time available to skip work on Friday.
After all, Friday marks a must-see double act of USA versus Slovenia at 10am ET followed by England against Algeria (2:30pm ET).
For those of us who live in the United States and who work office hours, the two games are played during work hours. But these are two games that you definitely should not miss live. Wherever you live in the world, be sure to get out of the house or office and watch the game with soccer fans at your local pubs, sports bar or other venues that are showing the games. It’s time to wear your nation’s colors with pride and to get behind your country. A win for the United States is just as important as a win for England. If both nations can get wins on Friday, this will significantly increase their chances of both teams going through to the next round. It won’t be easy for either team, but they need your support. Go to your local watering hole and cheer for the red, white and blue.
What are your plans for Friday? Do you plan on calling in sick, taking the day off work, watching it from your desk or do you have another plan in store?
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, Women’s World Cup, Euro 2024 & Gold Cup
The New Home of MLS
- Price: $14.99/mo. for MLS Season Pass
- Watch every MLS game including playoffs & Leagues Cup
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $9.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $12.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & FA Cup
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & Brasileirāo