London (AFP) – Under-fire Arsene Wenger avoided more humiliation as troubled Arsenal moved into the FA Cup semi-finals with a 5-0 win against minnows Lincoln City on Saturday.
Subjected to calls for his resignation after Tuesday’s dismal Champions League exit against Bayern Munich, Gunners boss Wenger was given some much-needed breathing space by his side’s quarter-final victory over the plucky non-leaguers.
Theo Walcott and Olivier Giroud scored Arsenal’s first two goals at the Emirates Stadium before Luke Waterfall’s own goal made it three.
Further strikes from Alexis Sanchez and Aaron Ramsey sealed their place in next month’s Wembley semi-finals.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, Women’s World Cup, Euro 2024 & Gold Cup
The New Home of MLS
- Price: $14.99/mo. for MLS Season Pass
- Watch every MLS game including playoffs & Leagues Cup
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $9.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $12.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & FA Cup
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $5.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & Brasileirāo