I was at Tropical Park Stadium to watch Miami FC’s 1-0 victory over the Atlanta Silverbacks. Miami FC now advances to face FC Dallas at Pizza Hut Park. Elsewhere Cleveland City Stars used extra time to beat the Minnesota Thunder 2-0. Floyd Franks scored both goals. We’ll have some post match reaction to this result from both sides on Friday’s American Soccer Show. Elsewhere Hollywood United’s storybook run came to an abrupt end with a 6-0 loss to Seattle, while Charleston used a late pk goal to avoid extra time and defeat Charlotte.
Two clubs who need no introduction to fans of this event advanced: The Richmond Kickers, and the Rochester Rhinos. Former DC United forward Jamil Walker drew a late PK for Carolina as they defeated Real Maryland 1-0, but Crystal Palace Baltimore kept alive the hopes for those in the state of Maryland as Matt Nelson saved three pks in the shootout of a 2-2 match with Harrisburg. Crystal Palace Baltimore now advances to face the New York Red Bulls at home.
Much much more on the US Open Cup on Friday’s late week edition of the American Soccer Show.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, Women’s World Cup, Euro 2024 & Gold Cup
The New Home of MLS
- Price: $14.99/mo. for MLS Season Pass
- Watch every MLS game including playoffs & Leagues Cup
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $9.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $12.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & FA Cup
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $5.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & Brasileirāo