Belgian defensive midfielder Timmy Simons, who has been a stalwart at PSV for the last five years, has completed a move to Nurnberg. Simons, who is a very versatile player that can play in the midfield or in the back four, will add experience and steel in the spine of Nurnberg’s XI.
Timmy Simons, at 33 years old, is going to bring a wealth of experience and a winning mentality with him to Nurnberg, who only narrowly escaped relegation last season. Head coach Dieter Hecking is keen to bring in reinforcements for this season, especially with the loss of Havard Nordtveit, who has returned to Arsenal after having been on-loan at Nurnberg last season.
Simons won three consecutive Eredivisie titles from 2006 to 2008, and has also been capped 73 times for Belgium. Simons was also made captain of PSV just a year after his arrival there.
Simons will most likely slot into midfield in the space left behind by Maniche, who left the club this summer.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $9.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season