Martin Lanig has signed on with Koeln from Stuttgart recently for a fee of 800,000 Euros.
After journeyman Portuguese midfielder Maniche was released from his contract by Koeln, Die Geissbocke were eager to secure the services of Lanig and plug up the gap in their midfield.
Lanig spent almost all of his last season with Stuttgart on the injury table after tearing a cruciate ligament, and is said to be delighted at the prospect of getting back to the game and hitting the ground running with his new teammates at Koeln.
Lanig has thus far not been capped by the German national team, but will be looking to impress at Koeln with German national team regular Lukas Podolski playing ahead of him.
The club’s official website issued a statement that read:
“FC Koeln announce the signing of midfielder Martin Lanig. The final details of the contract were confirmed on Monday. The 25-year-old moves from VfB Stuttgart and has signed a contract with Koeln until June 30, 2013.”
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $9.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season