London (AFP) – Arsenal striker Alexandre Lacazette will be available for the Gunners’ Europa League rescue mission against Rennes on Thursday after the French international’s three-match European ban was reduced to two by UEFA on appeal.
Unai Emery’s men trail 3-1 from the first leg of their last 16 tie against the French side.
“The appeal lodged by Arsenal FC has been partially upheld. To suspend the Arsenal FC player Alexandre Lacazette for two (2) UEFA competition matches for which he would be otherwise eligible for serious rough play,” UEFA’s Control, Ethics and Disciplinary Body decided on Tuesday.
Lacazette was shown a straight red card as Arsenal were beaten 1-0 by BATE Borisov in the first leg of their last 32 tie.
However, he has already served that two-game ban in the second leg against BATE, which Arsenal won 3-0, and the first leg against Rennes in his homeland last week.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, Women’s World Cup, Euro 2024 & Gold Cup
The New Home of MLS
- Price: $14.99/mo. for MLS Season Pass
- Watch every MLS game including playoffs & Leagues Cup
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $9.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $12.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & FA Cup
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & Brasileirāo
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season