Milan (AFP) – Christian Eriksen could have played his last match for Inter Milan, with club CEO Giuseppe Marotta confirming Wednesday the Danish midfielder was on the transfer list.
The former Tottenham midfielder missed Inter’s final game before Christmas at Verona on Wednesday, with Italian media reporting he had returned to Denmark to be with his wife who is due to give birth to their second child.
“Eriksen is among the transfers,” Marotta told Sky Sport before the game.
“It’s not a punishment but he has struggled to settle into the squad… so it is right to give him the opportunity to find more space elsewhere.”
The Danish international arrived from Spurs on four-and-a-half-year deal in January for a reported fee of 27.5 million euros ($32.6 million) including bonuses.
But the 28-year-old has scored just four goals in 38 appearances.
This campaign he has not played an entire match in 12 games — eight in the league and four in the Champions League — and not scored or set up a goal.
He has been linked with moves to French champions Paris Saint-Germain, or a return to the Premier League with Arsenal or Manchester United.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, Women’s World Cup, Euro 2024 & Gold Cup
The New Home of MLS
- Price: $14.99/mo. for MLS Season Pass
- Watch every MLS game including playoffs & Leagues Cup
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $9.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $12.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & FA Cup
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & Brasileirāo
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season