During the majority of the Summer Chivas USA has been on fire with Head coach Preki winning plaudits for instilling his European style attacking football on a largely Latino and American club. However, one thing that analysts bashed Chivas for was the lack of depth and over reliance on the same eleven night in and night out.
Well Preki has answered the critics once again. Last night with super scorers Maykel Galindo and Ante Razov left at home, European imports Laurent Merlin (France) and John Cuncliffe (England) both had wonderful games as Chivas beat Real Salt Lake 3-2 on the road. Importantly also Ramon Nunez, a malcontent in Dallas seems to have settled down into a new role as a bench player with the Goats. Nunez’s quality combined with the attacking punch Cuncliffe and Merlin can provide off the bench will be of critical importance if Chivas is going to push to win MLS Cup.
The Chivas organization continues to scout and find the best talent available to them anywhere on the planet. It’s a lesson learned for their rivals in Los Angeles who don’t even seem to have a handle on the assets of players on their own squad let alone in the rest of football world.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, Women’s World Cup, Euro 2024 & Gold Cup
The New Home of MLS
- Price: $14.99/mo. for MLS Season Pass
- Watch every MLS game including playoffs & Leagues Cup
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $10.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $14.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & FA Cup
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $5.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & Brasileirāo