Connect with us

FOX Soccer 2GO

FOX Soccer 2GO becomes FOX Soccer Match Pass

FOX Sports has rebranded their paid streaming service FOX Soccer 2GO to FOX Soccer Match Pass.

The more unique name for the streaming service will help avoid confusion with the free (but authentication required) streaming service named FOX Sports GO.

FOX Soccer Match Pass is currently in beta, and more details regarding the service should be released in the coming days. On first look, it appears to be an improved, revamped version of FOX Soccer 2GO. Improvements include a more modern designed website, integration of soccer highlights into the homepage, as well as the news that long-awaited apps for Apple TV and Roku will be available in the near future.

Plus, FOX Sports has revealed that “additional devices [will be] rolled out later this year.”

With the launch of the rebranded product, FOX Sports is touting a new and improved user experience, a higher quality streaming experience with increased bit rates plus an improved video player featuring multi-angle clips of key plays, event timeline marking, and advanced stats and analytics for select leagues and cups.

While FOX Soccer Match Pass may be an easier (and less confusing) name to remember than FOX Soccer 2GO, it still retains the word “soccer” in it despite the streaming service offering rugby and Aussie rules football in addition to soccer.

Prior to FOX Soccer 2GO, the service was named FOXSoccer.tv.

In addition to the FOX Soccer Match Pass website, apps for iOS and Android devices have also launched.

While more details will be revealed in the coming days, the FOX Soccer Match Pass platform is powered and run by a third party named Perform (just like FOX Soccer 2GO was).

200+ Channels With Sports & News
  • Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
  • Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
  • Includes NBC, USA, FOX, ESPN, CBSSN & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
  • Price: $69.99/mo. for Entertainment package
  • Watch World Cup, Euro 2024 & MLS
  • Includes ESPN, ESPN2, FS1 + local channels
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
  • Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
  • Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
  • Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
2,000+ soccer games per year
  • Price: $4.99/mo
  • Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
  • Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
  • Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
  • Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
  • Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
30 Comments

30 Comments

1. Patrick B

August 5, 2017 at 4:56 pm

Mine was cancelled without notice – no renewal notice, nothing. Awesome for you though, if yours wasn’t cancelled, but they extorted the extra $40 out of me.

• Patrick B

August 5, 2017 at 4:57 pm

Please delete this post – I put it in the wrong place, and saw the error of my ways.

2. Patrick B

August 5, 2017 at 2:33 pm

Will those o f us that were already paying an annual subscription fee for Fox Soccer 2 Go get a partial refund for them abruptly cancelling our subscriptions? It’s not like this is a new company – they just rebranded, updated the website, dropped the SPL, and decided that was worth charging $40 more a year for.

• Christopher Harris

August 5, 2017 at 2:39 pm

You’d have to contact them directly to find out.

• RedCard

August 5, 2017 at 4:39 pm

What do you mean cancelling subscriptions? Mine still works from last September. Just watched the German Supercup with the world feed.

• Patrick B

August 5, 2017 at 4:56 pm

• Michael McGraw

September 9, 2017 at 3:15 pm

I guess this just confirmed it for me. They should be ashamed!!!!!

3. Chris

July 27, 2017 at 7:45 pm

Any news when Match Pass will launch on Roku and AppleTV? As an owner of both, I would like to try it out when it becomes available.

• Christopher Harris

July 27, 2017 at 8:11 pm

FOX Sports was supposed to issue a press release in June with more details about the relaunch of the streaming service. No press release yet, and there have been no details about the new apps either (or their release dates). As soon as we hear something, we’ll post an article about it.

4. Pedro

July 20, 2017 at 5:02 pm

So contacted the website several times regarding the 2 bundesliga schedule, and after being told yes we will have the league games, was finally told that “no live games in july” the season starts 28 july, so basically only showing games either randomly or end of season/playoffs, Either way no renewal from me, shame was hoping to see some games.

5. Ray S

July 8, 2017 at 2:12 pm

Will they show all Bundesliga.2 matches so i can watch FC St.Pauli matches with english commenatary live instead of delayed german commentary on stpauliTV lol ?

• Christopher Harris

July 8, 2017 at 3:35 pm

They only show the Bundesliga.2 games at the very end of the season when it’s the championship match, or it’s the relegation playoffs.

• Craig

July 9, 2017 at 8:10 am

My understanding is that Fox will be showing a whole lot more 2. BuLi this coming season via the app.

• Christopher Harris

July 9, 2017 at 9:47 am

Let’s hope so. I did notice that FOX Soccer Match Pass has the Bundesliga.2 listed on their website as one of the leagues they cover. Hopefully we’ll hear something soon.

6. Oliver Tse

June 20, 2017 at 9:06 pm

Under Jamie Horowitz, FS1 and FS2 will give up the following soccer rights:

UEFA Champions League – one more lame-duck season in 2017-2018

UEFA Europa League – one more lame-duck season in 2017-2018

English FA Cup – one more lame-duck season in 2017-2018

Scottish Premier League – contract has expired and will not be renewed.

What’s left:

MLS (shared with ESPN, Inc. and Univision Deportes)

USMNT home matches (shared with ESPN, Inc.)

USWNT home matches and selected away matches (shared with ESPN, Inc.)

Mexico home matches through May 2018 (sublicensed from Univision Deportes)

CONCACAF Gold Cup 2017 and 2019 – English-language rights only

FIFA properties through 2026 World Cup – English-language rights only

Bundesliga – through May 2019 (some Spanish-language rights sublicensed to GOLTV)

Euro qualifiers for World Cup 2018 (shared with ESPN, Inc., FOX has 1st pick on each date., some Spanish-language rights sublicensed to Univision Deportes)

Euro qualifiers for Euro 2020 (English-language rights only sublicensed from ESPN, Inc., ESPN has 1st pick on each date)

7. Bruno

June 20, 2017 at 7:45 pm

I had my Fox Soccer 2GO account 2 years ago. Will I be able to use Fox Soccer Match Pass without any problems and without any other charges?

• Christopher Harris

June 21, 2017 at 2:09 am

Your best bet is to check with their customer service at help.foxmatchpass@deltatre.com

• Michael McGraw

September 9, 2017 at 3:12 pm

Well, it appears that you will now be charged for a new full year subscription to gain access to all matches regardless of whether you still have a half year paid-in-full subscription to Fox Soccer 2Go. And regardless of how many emails you send them, they will not respond to fix the issue. They don’t seem to care!!! This was such a good service prior to this new group. The old CS team would respond instantly if you had an issue. Sad, really. They will lose a ton of revenue in the end w people not resubing and then scratch their head and wonder why? Bad business!!!!

8. Eddie

June 16, 2017 at 1:03 pm

thank you because turner sports will step the coverge of soccer in 2018 of uefa soccer(ucl/el)

UCL/EL to fox(2009 to 2018) handover to turner in 2018 to 2021
    SEE YEAR LATER FOX ( end in spring 2018) AND WELCOME AND HELLO TURNER IN FALL 2018.

9. James

June 14, 2017 at 10:46 pm

What about BPL, I don’t see that on the list

• Christopher Harris

June 15, 2017 at 5:15 am

BPL is not on NBC Sports App, fubo Premier, Sling TV, Vue, DIRECTV NOW and other streaming platforms, but not FOX Soccer Match Pass (they don’t have the rights).

• Tayo

June 15, 2017 at 9:46 pm

Hi, where have you been in the past 4 years? They lost the right at the end of 12-13 season. Now my concern is will it be worth it especially when they lose the UCL and EL competitions in 2018

10. Diddy

June 14, 2017 at 8:33 pm

This is the old Setana channel on the dial. It would seem the pay model is dead. There is so much football on now that unless your team is part of the package there will be little interest. Just not a long term winning proposition. Would seem the long term value is the actual channel real estate on cable systems, which is also a dying business model.

Likely the long term solution is pay to view streams of outsider leagues.

11. Pedro

June 14, 2017 at 3:22 pm

By the way just received notification from the company that indeed no Scottish league for 2017-18, anyone know who will be showing, maybe NGSN when/if they return.

12. Pedro

June 14, 2017 at 11:58 am

Yes no SPL it seems, and those 30 leagues consist of competitions, but on the bright side 2 Bundesliga is on.

13. Gabe

June 14, 2017 at 6:21 am

Had a $99 yearly plan, probably gone as my memo says Paypal won’t roll over with this web site, and I’ll have to re-subscribe after my subscription runs out next month. They tout 30 leagues and cups but so many of these are once a year competitions (i.e. UEFA Super Cup), or FIFA competitions that are on every two years at best, take away the Rugby, and Champions League/Europa next year and there’s not much left. Also seems as if SPL is gone.

• Michael McGraw

August 29, 2017 at 5:20 pm

So, here are the facts about this sh**ty Fox Soccer app and sh**ty new company, Dealtre, or something like that. So, 3 years ago, when it was Fox Soccer 2Go, I purchased this service and despite paying the huge $133.00 yearly fee, I watched a ton of games, the app was easy to navigate, and I felt like the value was there (some issues streaming but their customer service team was great and they fixed things instantly and got right back.) Then, with no warning, no notice, no nothing one day, earlier this summer, I go to watch a match I knew was on, and the App on my phone is now different. The whole Fox Soccer 2 Go app had changed. I did some digging and I went on and figured out that whole leagues like the Scottish PL will no longer be shown and it’s a whole new company who owns this app. I sign in to make sure I am still a member and all and the app becomes next to impossible to figure out what’s on, when, etc, etc. Fox Soccer 2Go sold this service to another company and they have the rights to use the name but it’s now Fox Match Pass. The CS Team at Fox Soccer 2Go write me stating: “we don’t know anything about the new company” but they say they are “no longer affiliated with the app” and they give me new email addresses to use if I have any issues. Now, I am still paid up until Feb 2018, but I write the new group to ask what the hell happened? I also ask why didn’t they reach out to their paying customers to see if we wanted to move forward or not and give us the option of getting a credit back for half a year etc? All they said was: “you have been transferred over.” Yes, to what is now a totally new product I originally did not choose to purchase. It’s a just kind of deal with the new app and all it’s bs. So, I’m pissed because besides the budesleague, I love watching the SPL and Celtic and Rangers matches. Nope no more SPL. I cut my losses. But the kicker was this past Sunday…I go to watch the Dortmund match a few hours after it ended, which I always do, and now I am asked to subscribe and the only way I can get to the game is if I give them my credit card and choose a 7 day free trial and then choose either a monthly $9.99 Or yearly $133.00 fee. I write them and say I AM ALREADY AN EXISTING CUSTOMER! I should just be able to press on the match and go right to the match like I always do ? They write back and ask for more detail? Really? How much more detail can I give them? So, I Just went to my account page and I turned off auto pay for next billing cycle. They lost me. I will find a way to get these matches. Please do not buy this crappy app/service. IT IS Not FOX. They are some New company. They are clueless and any other “good review” you read is a plant. I promise you. Since they sold to this to a new outside company this bs is not worth $133.00 per year. Believe me!