On Wednesday, Richard Keys resigned from his position with Sky Sports, the latest chapters in the saga that started Sunday, when audio of sexist comments from Keys and broadcast partner Andy Gray was made public. With Gray having been terminated by Sky on Tuesday, Keys’ resignation marked the final piece in the demise of one of Premier League broadcasting’s prominent teams.
On this edition of the EPL Talk Podcast, co-host Kartik Krishnaiyer and myself discuss that week that’s been in the the Gray, Keys, Sian Massey affair, a week that’s put English football culture in the spotlight as one of the ugliest, least talked about aspects of the game received a new a pointed round of scrutiny. We talk about our reactions to the developments, the surreptitious nature of the initial recording, and the manner in which Sky handed the problem.
At the end of the show, Kartik and I shift our focus back to the pitch and talk about midweek wins from Manchester United, Aston Villa and Liverpool as well as the Carling Cup, where Arsenal and Birmingham City are on to Wembley.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, Women’s World Cup, Euro 2024 & Gold Cup
The New Home of MLS
- Price: $14.99/mo. for MLS Season Pass
- Watch every MLS game including playoffs & Leagues Cup
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $9.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $12.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & FA Cup
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & Brasileirāo
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season