Berlin (AFP) – Bayern Munich’s German international defender Jerome Boateng will be sidelined for a number of weeks after needing a shoulder operation, Kicker magazine reported on its website.
Asked if surgery was necessary, the 28-year-old Boateng told Kicker: “Unfortunately, yes.”
Boateng, who suffered the injury in a training ground fall, missed the start of the season after tearing a thigh muscle on international duty with Germany at Euro 2016.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, Women’s World Cup, Euro 2024 & Gold Cup
The New Home of MLS
- Price: $14.99/mo. for MLS Season Pass
- Watch every MLS game including playoffs & Leagues Cup
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $9.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $12.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & FA Cup
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $5.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & Brasileirāo