Newcastle United supporters staged a walkout at St James’ Park today in the 69th minute against Cardiff City as a protest against owner Mike Ashley and manager Alan Pardew.
In a hostile atmosphere at Newcastle’s stadium, fans sang “It’s never your fault,” “It’s our club” and “We want Pardew out,” while stewards attempted to remove banners and tried to escort some fans out of their stadiums.
Hundreds of Newcastle United fans stormed out of the ground when the 69th minute was reached. United currently have the worst form in the league after a string of losses, lack of spending and woeful performances to end what has been a dire season for the Geordies.
Newcastle United last won a major trophy in 1969. Hence, the reason why the walkout was conducted in that minute of the match.
Watch the video of Newcastle fans leaving the stadium here:
For users on mobile devices, watch the video here.
Meanwhile, for viewers in the United States, here is a better quality video:
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, Women’s World Cup, Euro 2024 & Gold Cup
The New Home of MLS
- Price: $14.99/mo. for MLS Season Pass
- Watch every MLS game including playoffs & Leagues Cup
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $9.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $12.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & FA Cup
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $5.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & Brasileirāo