Needing only a single goal late on to win Champions League Group D, Manchester City manager Manuel Pellegrini evidently was unaware of the situation.
When James Milner gave the Blues a 3-2 lead in the 62nd minute, City needed a single goal to top the group but the manager evidently thought City needed to strike twice. He told Sky Sports that if the Blues scored a fourth, he would have considered bringing on Sergio Aguero.
As it was, City won the game 3-2 but were one goal short of winning the group. The draw for the next round of the UEFA Champions League will be conducted next week.
Watch the video below:
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, Women’s World Cup, Euro 2024 & Gold Cup
The New Home of MLS
- Price: $14.99/mo. for MLS Season Pass
- Watch every MLS game including playoffs & Leagues Cup
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $9.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $12.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & FA Cup
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $5.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & Brasileirāo