Arsenal midfielder Francis Coquelin has been ruled out for 12 weeks, Gunners boss Arsene Wenger confirmed on Tuesday. Coquelin suffered a knee ligament injury during Arsenal’s 2-1 defeat at West Bromwich Albion on Saturday and scans have now revealed the extent of the problem.
Speaking after Arsenal’s vital 3-0 win against Dinamo Zagreb in the Champions League, Wenger said he doesn’t expect the Frenchman back until the new year:
“Coquelin’s injury is what we feared basically.
“We had the scan. Lets be realistic and say 12 weeks.
“He doesn’t need a surgery. It is a medial knee ligament.”
Coquelin will miss vital Premier League matches against Manchester City on Dec. 21 and at Liverpool on Jan. 13, but Wenger can take heart from the return of Wales midfielder Aaron Ramsey as a second half substitute against Dinamo. Ramsey had been out for a month with a hamstring injury.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, Women’s World Cup, Euro 2024 & Gold Cup
The New Home of MLS
- Price: $14.99/mo. for MLS Season Pass
- Watch every MLS game including playoffs & Leagues Cup
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $9.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $12.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & FA Cup
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & Brasileirāo