UPDATED: Manchester City striker Carlos Tevez today stoked the fire again in his public spat with Sir Alex Ferguson by holding up a banner that read “RIP Fergie,” while the City bus paraded around Manchester.
The photo was captured on Sky Sports (see above photo).
Carlos Tevez would probably argue that the sign is just a bit of fun, but the sign sends a clear message to Manchester United what Tevez thinks of them. And it’ll certainly not help the relationship between both Manchester clubs.
UPDATE: Manchester City, the football club, and Carlos Tevez have apologized for the incident. “The creation of the tasteless material is in itself reprehensible and in accepting and brandishing it, Carlos has made a significant error of judgment. The club wishes to express its sincerest apologies to Sir Alex Ferguson and Manchester United Football Club for any offence or distress caused.”
What do you think of the sign? Did Tevez go too far, or is it a bit of tongue-in-cheek humor from the gloating Argentine striker?
H/T Ian Walsh.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, Women’s World Cup, Euro 2024 & Gold Cup
The New Home of MLS
- Price: $14.99/mo. for MLS Season Pass
- Watch every MLS game including playoffs & Leagues Cup
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $10.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $14.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & FA Cup
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $5.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & Brasileirāo