Spain have just launched their home jersey for the 2010 World Cup and the design has a 1980s feel about it. Adidas have once again manufactured this World Cup kit, which is the usual red with a hint of blue on the sleeve and neck areas, and yellow Adidas stripes up the arms and shoulders. The Adidas logo is featured on the top centre part of the shirt and the Spanish badge is on the left of the shirt. This shirt is paired with blue shorts.
Spain continued their fantastic form from Euro 2008, by winning all ten of their group matches in World Cup qualification, easily finishing top of the table, making their way to the tournament in South Africa. The Spain World Cup home jersey was debuted in a friendly match against Argentina on Saturday 14th November, which was to celebrate the centenary of the Spanish Football Federation. Spain won this match 2-1 thanks to a double from Xabi Alonso. Lionel Messi had equalised for Argentina with a penalty.
The kit was launched at the Kinepolis cinema complex in Pozuelo, Madrid. Many regard Spain as favourites to win their first ever World Cup and they will be hoping that this new kit brings them even more good luck.
Written by Kampanart Wong, a sports writer who blogs about cheap football shirts.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, Women’s World Cup, Euro 2024 & Gold Cup
The New Home of MLS
- Price: $14.99/mo. for MLS Season Pass
- Watch every MLS game including playoffs & Leagues Cup
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $10.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $14.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & FA Cup
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $5.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & Brasileirāo