Connect with us

Leagues: EPL

NBC’s Peacock to exclusively stream all July 15 Premier League games

NBC Sports’ full Premier League match and studio coverage next Wednesday, July 15 will be presented free to all fans on Peacock – NBCUniversal’s new streaming service – as part of its national launch celebration that day.

On July 15, Peacock will be the exclusive home for all free NBC Sports’ Premier League coverage featuring four matches – including newly-crowned champions Liverpool visiting Arsenal at 3:15 p.m. ET – and the full complement of studio programming including prematch, halftime and postgame. In addition, NBC Sports’ six hours of coverage, beginning at Noon ET, on July 15 will be presented without commercial interruption.

“Live sports makes Peacock unique among streaming services, and we are excited to present a free sample of matches to Premier League fans across the U.S.,” said Rick Cordella, EVP and Chief Revenue Officer, Peacock.

To get fans ready, Peacock will celebrate “Premier League Day” across social channels tomorrow, Thursday, July 9. Follow Peacock on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook for top plays, celebrations and games for fans.

SEE MORE: What is Peacock and why should Premier League viewers care?

Following is the July 15 schedule for free NBC Sports’ Premier League coverage on Peacock (all times ET, subject to change):

Wednesday, July 15 (kickoff times listed in ET):

Burnley v. Wolverhampton Wanderers, 1pm, Peacock and NBC Sports Gold
Manchester City v. Bournemouth, 1pm, Peacock and NBC Sports Gold
Newcastle v. Tottenham, 1pm, Peacock and NBC Sports Gold
Arsenal v. Liverpool, 3:15pm, Peacock and NBC Sports Gold

READ MORE: NBC moves Premier League games from Gold to Peacock for 2020/21 season

The Bournemouth-Crystal Palace Premier League match on June 20 marked the debut of live sports on Peacock Premium. Upcoming live sports content on Peacock will include a new primetime Sunday NFL Wild Card playoff game, Olympics and Paralympics coverage, U.S. Open, U.S. Women’s Open and Ryder Cup golf, plus the recently announced Peacock Originals Lost Speedways, hosted by Dale Earnhardt, Jr., and In Deep with Ryan Lochte.

SEE MORE: NBC’s Peacock premium streaming service to include Premier League games

Peacock Premium is currently available at no additional cost to Comcast’s Xfinity X1 and Flex customers across the country. At launch, Peacock will offer a free tier featuring more than 7,500 hours of movies, shows, and timely live and on-demand programming across news, sports, reality and late night. Peacock Premium will also be available for $4.99 per month and features more than 15,000 hours of content. For pre-order information, visit peacocktv.com.

As all NBC Sports Gold Premier League content has been on Peacock Premium since the 2019-20 season restarted, Peacock’s July 15 coverage will also be made available to NBC Sports Gold subscribers.

100+ Channels With Sports & News
  • Starting price: $29.99/mo. for fubo Español Package
  • Watch Premier League, LaLiga, Liga MX & MLS
  • Includes NBC, NBCSN, FS1, FS2, Univision, beIN SPORTS and more

Favorite Leagues At The Best Price
  • Starting price: $7.99/mo. for Live TV Package
  • Watch LaLiga, Primeira Liga and Copa Libertadores
  • Includes beIN SPORTS, GolTV, TyC Sports and more

Many Sports & ESPN Originals
  • Price: $4.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $12.99/mo.)
  • Features Serie A, Bundesliga, FA Cup, EFL & more
  • Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show

Live TV, Soccer & Originals
  • Starting price: $5.99/mo.
  • Features Champions League, Europa League & NWSL
  • Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ

200+ Channels With Sports & News
  • Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
  • Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
  • Includes NBC, USA, FOX, ESPN, CBSSN & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
  • Price: $69.99/mo. for Entertainment package
  • Watch World Cup, Euro 2024 & MLS
  • Includes ESPN, ESPN2, FS1 + local channels
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
  • Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
  • Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
  • Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
2,000+ soccer games per year
  • Price: $4.99/mo
  • Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
  • Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
  • Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
  • Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
  • Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more

42 Comments

42 Comments

1. SaintsFan

July 16, 2020 at 11:25 am

Obviously it’s bad that you can’t add an app/tile to a Roku smart TV & this ‘can’t use an HDMI lead’ double sucks (surely there is a hack to get around this? There’s always a way!).

Meant I was forced to try it on an XBox. Never really used that for streaming but it worked fine. You can add the PeacockTV app and there is actually a lot of good stuff on there (not just the football).

When the new season starts I’ll guess we’ll see what happens when it comes to watching matches on delay. As West Coast people have said that is a right deal breaker if you have to watch it live – or wait ‘ages’ until the re-run shows up.

If they sort these sort of usability issues out then $5 a month is about the same as Gold (less if you can cancel it when the season ends). As long as I can watch every Saints game I’ll be happy.

All a right farce though. Wish I didn’t like sport. Could ditch the lot then!

2. Ilya

July 15, 2020 at 10:08 pm

Question. Peacock so far offer only live games and extended highlights. Will they offer a replays for subscribers who missed live games? It kinda disappointing not to have this option absolutions maddening considering nbc gold is going away. Also you can’t pause live stream or start from beginning if you missed it. Espn+ set up so much better compared to this.

• Efrain

July 16, 2020 at 7:58 am

There was one Arsenal game a couple of weeks ago that was on Peacock. It showed up there days before gameday. I clicked on it and then clicked ‘add to watchlist’. The night after the game aired live, I was able to find and play it. I don’t know if this will work in the future and/or this is a way to “DVR” matches or a way to replay or whatever, but it worked, that one time.
      Yesterday, since the games weren’t added into website till last minute and I was working, I wasn’t able to do this and don’t know if it was an option. Based on yesterdays coverage though, I’m not happy with Peacock. Games showing up last minute, not knowing if I can record them and if I can will they show up far enough in advance to set up the recording, replays available shortly after, etc. Lot of unknowns and again, not impressed.

I hope Christopher can contact someone there and get more answers for us as there are a lot of questions.

3. Brian White

July 15, 2020 at 8:02 pm

Looked at Peacock today. If you can’t watch live then it’s only highlights for you. No stream after the game has finished.

Anyone living on West coast is going to suffer with 4:3o and, at least for me, 7:00 kick offs.

Vey disappointing.

Why is it that we seem to get great football coverage then they go and #&%$ it up!

4. BD

July 15, 2020 at 7:12 pm

Watched today’s games on Peacock on my LG TV. The picture quality was like night and day compared to the blurry juddery feed I have grown to expect from NBC Gold.

• JN

July 16, 2020 at 10:30 am

I had problems with the app on an Apple TV. It crashed three times and one other time the picture froze with the audio still going. I guess some hiccups are to be expected at launch.

It is a better picture than the awful one from Gold, but it looks like it is locked at 30 fps. When the games are in NBCSN, the picture is much more fluid through my Hulu Live subscription. I think many of the channels were upgraded to 60 fps earlier in the year, so I hope they do the same on the peacock app.

5. David

July 15, 2020 at 4:37 pm

Unlike Gold, we can’t use external monitors. I have THREE additional ones attached to my MacBook Pro (2 x 30″, 1 x 37″) – I’m damned if I’m going to be forced to watch it on one 15″.

No ability to record Peacock games, so those of us on the West Coast are supposed to get up for 4.30am starts, or wait until the next day to watch them!

Let’s hope this isn’t the future and that NBCSN isn’t cut, and with it the handful of games being shown in 4K (without, thank goodness, Arlo White’s non-stop verbal diarrhea).

6. John G.

July 15, 2020 at 3:15 pm

PeacockTV.com rejects valid configurations for NBCSports.com. It told me I had to disconnect my external monitor. Like hell I do…

• John G.

July 15, 2020 at 3:16 pm

Gold accepts my current setup. Peacock had better do the same by the launch of Peacock as a Gold replacement… or else.

• Tom3

July 15, 2020 at 4:42 pm

The entire point is to make it so that you can’t work around their dispute with ROKU or FireTV. This is to purposefully make it so you can’t watch on your TV with an HDMI cord. It isn’t an “accident” or a “glitch.” It’s intentional.

• Ritchie

July 15, 2020 at 7:02 pm

Do you have a chromecast? They are like $30, I think.

• Yespage

July 15, 2020 at 4:47 pm

I was curious, HDMI’d up the laptop with the stream running live, and it popped up the Puss ‘n Boots pic with that message. This is ridiculous. I would understand if you had an option to purchase the rights for TV streaming, so this keeps you down to small screens with a cheaper price, but if there is no option for TV streaming at all, why would they hamstring the user with a smaller product, if they aren’t given an option for a TV streaming product.

I didn’t get Gold (with Stoke City gone), and I’m certainly not getting Peacock, if it can’t stream on TV.

• Donald Duck

July 15, 2020 at 6:50 pm

You have to wonder who will blink 1st. Roku seems to hold all the cards as they are the #1 streaming device. Hell im subscribing to Cbs all access 99.99 a year and Hulu / Disney/ ESPN plus 18.99 a month yes commercial free for both. So i wont be subscribing to Peacock since we would need a live service to watch (all) the matches anyways. So no more Premier league for me

7. Barry

July 15, 2020 at 2:06 pm

NBC botched the roll out of Gold badly. Today’s roll out of Peacock isn’t the best, either. The link for the noon ET pregame show didn’t appear until 15 minutes into the show. The links for the three 1 PM games didn’t appear until 12:59. Since there is not as yet a Peacock app for android TV’s I watched the games on Gold. However, throughout the first half the link for the City game wasn’t working. Of the five streaming services I subscribe to the Gold picture is the worst. Today seems even worse than normal.

8. Bobby Moa

July 15, 2020 at 2:04 pm

Under what title. Peacock/Xfinity/Comcast

• rej4sl

July 15, 2020 at 3:06 pm

Peacock tv

9. Bobby Moa

July 15, 2020 at 1:45 pm

Can someone help. It says I can’t watch peacock on my iPad. There is no app yet on apple device. Any idea what to do.

• nosferatu

July 15, 2020 at 2:02 pm

The app should be available in the App Store–I found it last night.

10. David the Yank

July 15, 2020 at 8:43 am

My principal issue with NBCSN vs Peacock/Gold is that if today’s matches (at least some of them) were on NBCSN, I could record with my online TV subscription, start games a bit late if I am busy with work, etc. But with Gold, and now Peacock, there have been issues with joining games in progress and not being able to start at the beginning. And then sometimes very long (and unexplained!) delays in watching matches that have just ended. This is just AWFUL service when you are PAYING expressly for that content!

• nosferatu

July 15, 2020 at 1:09 pm

This has been my biggest pet peeve with Gold and it’s crazy to think they’re not improving it with the move to Peacock (not yet, at least). Pretty much every other sports streaming service I’ve used, from MLB to NHL to ESPN+, has DVR controls for live games, and replays are pretty much instantaneous. So we’re not talking about some wildly advanced technology here.

11. David the Yank

July 15, 2020 at 8:41 am

Those of us who have subscribed to NBC Gold for the matches NBC has not shown on NBCSN or NBC were just informed that for next (2020-21) season, Gold is defunct, and all of these overflow games will move to Peacock Premium. Best I can tell Premium will be offered at $5/month, or free if you pay for Xfinity. Chris, is this how you see things?

• Christopher Harris

July 15, 2020 at 9:10 am

Correct on all counts, yes.

• John G.

July 15, 2020 at 3:18 pm

But will Peacock Premium get the same support as Gold? For example, today, I got told by PeacockTV.com that I couldn’t connect an external monitor _AFTER_ I had already logged in to Premium. If they are claiming those who took advantage of the “early” option discount aren’t going to be able to use desktop monitors… mine is not an HDTV acting like a monitor… that is going to be a deal breaker.

• Tom3

July 15, 2020 at 4:41 pm

• John G.

July 15, 2020 at 3:20 pm

To make things clearer… it is clear that the “free” Peacock service will not allow HDTVs or desktop monitors to show games… just built-in monitors. On mobile devices, that would mean just the device’s monitor… another deal-killer for an iPhone that might be acceptable (barely) on an iPad.

12. Efrain

July 15, 2020 at 7:35 am

Anyone know how to find the matches on Peacock? I’m searching for them through Comcast and there is nothing there for today, July 15. Only highlights in Sports menu, nothing in Search menu, nothing in Browse menu, etc. 🙁

• Christopher Harris

July 15, 2020 at 9:10 am

They’ll be there. When I used Peacock to watch Bournemouth-Palace in the first-ever Peacock game, they had it front-and-center on the Featured section. I’m sure they’ll push that live closer to Noon ET today.

• Ritchie

July 15, 2020 at 12:26 pm

How do you view peacock games from last week on demand? I can’t seem to find them anywhere.

Thanks!

• Christopher Harris

July 15, 2020 at 12:43 pm

Peacock free version won’t include any replays.

Peacock Premium ($5/month) will have replays of non-televised games available the next day.

• rej4sl

July 15, 2020 at 1:01 pm

Tv said to hit channels tab. All games are there now

13. Yespage

July 13, 2020 at 4:59 pm

Free for a day is great… except for the people that paid for it.

Also, why in the heck is Arsenal v Liverpool on NBC Gold? They already had their stretch on NBC Gold including the first Mercyside Derby!

• Chronos

July 14, 2020 at 2:10 am

That annoys me as well, especially since I can’t get Peacock with my Roku.

14. Richard Steele

July 8, 2020 at 8:30 pm

This sounds just as bewildering as HBO Go, HBO Now & HBOMax! Christ! Thank goodness the EFL Championship, the most competitive division going is resting comfortably on ESPN+.

15. Ritchie

July 8, 2020 at 2:49 pm

Dumb this down for me:

So 7/15’s EPL games will be on the lowest-tier, “free” version of Peacock…not the Premium version that is included with Comcast subscriptions, correct?

However, the “free” version of Peacock will NOT have EPL games going forward after that, correct?

• Ritchie

July 8, 2020 at 3:00 pm

To clarify, I mean the 7/15 games will be on the free and “premium” Peacock, but after 7/15, EPL will only be on Premium. Correct?

• blahblahblah

July 8, 2020 at 3:31 pm

I’m not sure if even NBC/Peacock knows………

• Christopher Harris

July 8, 2020 at 6:17 pm

Ritchie, the future looks like even more Premier League games will be heading to Peacock.

The benefit for NBC is that they can pivot very quickly and add games to Peacock whenever they want to. And it feels like they’re making some relatively last minute decisions on those programming choices.

16. John G.

July 8, 2020 at 2:29 pm

How long before live PL games are only available on Peacock and not on NBC, NBCSN and NBC Sports Gold? I’m surprised they haven’t done it already! The irony of Comcast being involved in this is their arrogant disregard for access to the same content via cable box several years ago. First, they limited it to X1 and then pretty much said “you’ll get it if it’s working and if it isn’t working, don’t bother calling us… stream an Internet connection to your TV instead”.

• John G.

July 8, 2020 at 2:31 pm

What they are doing this time is making PL games only available while Peacock is free. I meant doing it when it isn’t.

• Jeff

July 8, 2020 at 6:29 pm

Doubt it – this seems like a one-time only ‘stunt’ to get people to sample Peacock on its launch day

• Yespage

July 13, 2020 at 4:59 pm

NBCSN can’t afford to lose that content, unless they can displace it, which is doubtful in that time range.

• Azer

July 13, 2020 at 10:15 pm

I wish all games would go on Peacock. There are no commercials running on the screen like you see on NBCSN. Instead you’ll get premier league productions, an IMG produced company.