Monday’s Merseyside derby is the 209th time Liverpool will have battled Everton. As usual, there’s a lot at stake for the match and it isn’t just bragging rights on Merseyside. Liverpool need a win to regain the top position in the table, while Everton need a win to edge closer to European qualification.
The first Merseyside derby was played in 1894. Amazingly, there is footage of the derby from 1902. Read the fascinating story about the match as well as how the footage was discovered in an article by the Liverpool Echo.
Despite the video quality being poor, you can still catch a lot of the action from the 1902 derby by watching the video below. It’s also interesting to see how Goodison Park looked more than a hundred years ago and how little it has changed.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, Women’s World Cup, Euro 2024 & Gold Cup
The New Home of MLS
- Price: $14.99/mo. for MLS Season Pass
- Watch every MLS game including playoffs & Leagues Cup
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $9.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $12.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & FA Cup
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & Brasileirāo