London (AFP) – Tottenham manager Antonio Conte has slammed Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta for complaining about the Gunners’ crowded fixture schedule.
Arteta criticised the Premier League for scheduling Arsenal to face Liverpool on Wednesday and then Aston Villa on Saturday lunchtime.
The Spaniard grumbled “thank you to the Premier League” and called their decision “not fair”.
But Conte believes Arteta has no right to complain after Arsenal successfully requested the postponement of the north London derby against Tottenham in January.
Arsenal said they did not have enough players to fulfil the fixture amid the coronavirus pandemic and an injury crisis.
But Arteta’s team reportedly had only one confirmed case of coronavirus and Premier League changed the rules regarding fixture postponements in the wake of that incident.
“Arteta should remember the game postponed. Tottenham-Arsenal. If we speak about unfair,” Conte told reporters on Friday.
“In general, I think my answer is enough. If someone wants to think about fair or unfair, it was postponed the game, Tottenham against Arsenal, if you remember.
“I don’t forget this. And it’s not right to speak about fair or unfair.”
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, Women’s World Cup, Euro 2024 & Gold Cup
The New Home of MLS
- Price: $14.99/mo. for MLS Season Pass
- Watch every MLS game including playoffs & Leagues Cup
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $9.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $12.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & FA Cup
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & Brasileirāo
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season