Schalke manager André Breitenreiter says that the club hasn’t received any offers for Leroy Sane, Max Meyer or Joel Matip. All three players have been widely reported as transfer targets for clubs across Europe. Barcelona and Manchester City are reportedly chasing the signing of highly-regarded winger/forward Leroy Sane, while Liverpool is keen to sign Max Meyer and Joel Matip if transfer rumors are to be believed.
“Up until this date, no official offers have been sent to the club for any of our players,” Breitenreiter told World Soccer Talk through a translator.
“Unfortunately with young players, this [transfer speculation] can get to their heads. The task for us is to give them the support so they can play their game, which is vital for them.”
Matip has stalled on a new deal from Schalke and could leave the club to join Liverpool this summer on a free transfer.
Breitenreiter was speaking after his team’s 0-3 defeat to Brazilian club Atletico Mineiro at a friendly played in Fort Lauderdale, Florida last night.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, Women’s World Cup, Euro 2024 & Gold Cup
The New Home of MLS
- Price: $14.99/mo. for MLS Season Pass
- Watch every MLS game including playoffs & Leagues Cup
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $9.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $12.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & FA Cup
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $5.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & Brasileirāo