It’s time to take any walk down memory lane. This time to 1982 for the Manchester derby. We have the first half of the match featured on The Big Match with Brian Moore and Jim Rosenthal. And what a derby it was.
The last two times these teams played each other before the 1982 derby was April, 1974 when Denis Law scored a back heel goal for Manchester City to relegate Manchester United to the then second division.
It’s no wonder then that the Manchester derby of 1982 was explosive on the field. The game ended 2-2.
Feel free to share your observations from the game in the comments section below. The big one for me is seeing Manchester City captain Paul Power on the pitch at Old Trafford. It was one summer right around there where I met Paul Power at a Butlins holiday camp in Pwllheli, Wales – and where I joined in with him at a clinic. His advice for me, when trying to run to take a fast corner, was “Slow down mate. You don’t need to waste all of your energy on that.”
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, Women’s World Cup, Euro 2024 & Gold Cup
The New Home of MLS
- Price: $14.99/mo. for MLS Season Pass
- Watch every MLS game including playoffs & Leagues Cup
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $9.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $12.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & FA Cup
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & Brasileirāo