After the final whistle blew at the Stadium of Light in Sunderland on Sunday, preparations were being made behind-the-scenes to announce Manchester United as Premier League champions for the 2011-12 season.
As this above photo above shows, a sign was being prepared with Manchester United’s name on it as Premier League champions. Unfortunately for United, as the City match went into added time, Manchester City scored a goal to level the game 2-2, and then scored the winner with just 40 seconds to go in added time.
It was a cruel blow to Manchester United’s season, and an unfortunate way to end the season losing on goal difference when they thought they had done everything they needed to win it.
H/T The Daily Telegraph.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, Women’s World Cup, Euro 2024 & Gold Cup
The New Home of MLS
- Price: $14.99/mo. for MLS Season Pass
- Watch every MLS game including playoffs & Leagues Cup
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $9.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $12.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & FA Cup
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & Brasileirāo
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season