CBS Sports today announced the details of a multi-platform agreement for Paramount+, ViacomCBS’ subscription streaming service, to serve as the exclusive English-language home in the U.S. of the Campeonato Brasileirão Série A, Brazil’s top soccer league.
Paramount+ will stream all 380 Campeonato Brasileirão Série A club matches live each season through 2023. Beginning Saturday, May 29, Paramount+ will stream the entirety of the 2021 season through the final match day on December 5.
“We’re excited that Paramount+ will be the new U.S. home of Brazilian soccer—a league with rich history and tradition that consistently produces some of the world’s brightest stars,” said Jeffrey Gerttula, Executive Vice President & General Manager, CBS Sports Digital. “With CBS Sports’ robust and year-round soccer portfolio, we look forward to continuing to expand our world-class coverage on Paramount+ to even more fans of the beautiful game.”
“We are delighted that the most important Brazilian soccer championship—one of the top 10 in the world—is now reaching millions of fans in the US through Paramount+. We are proud that, thanks to this distribution agreement between Paramount+ and 1190 Sports, a sports event of this quality and relevance such as the Brasileirāo, has the largest distribution ever in the United States,” said Hernan Donnari, CEO & Co-founder of 1190 Sports.
Opening-week coverage on Paramount+ of the 2021 Campeonato Brasileirão Série A season is highlighted by matchups between historic clubs, including current Brasileirão league winners Flamengo hosting defending Copa Libertadores champion and 10-time Brasileirão winner Palmeiras at the famed Maracanã Stadium in Rio de Janeiro. Other marquee matchups on opening weekend include six-time Brasileirão winners São Paulo hosting four-time winners Fluminense, and newly promoted Chapecoense hosting Red Bull Bragantino in the first match of the season.
CBS Sports Digital will feature match highlights and additional coverage across social channels, the 24/7 streaming sports news network CBS Sports HQ, CBSSports.com, and the CBS Sports app.
Paramount+, a leading destination for U.S. soccer fans, features more than 1,400 live matches each year across an extensive portfolio of soccer properties, including UEFA club competitions; NWSL; Concacaf national team competitions (Men’s World Cup Qualifiers, Women’s World Cup Qualifiers, Men’s Nations League, and Women’s Nations League); Italy’s Serie A; Argentina’s Liga Profesional de Fútbol; and Brazil’s Campeonato Brasileirão Série A.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
- Price: $35/mo. for Sling Blue
- Watch Premier League, World Cup & MLS
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $9.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
110+ channels, live & on-demand
- Price: $59.95/mo. for Plus Package
- Includes FOX, FS1, ESPN, TUDN & more
- Cristiano Ronaldo should have taken outrageous Saudi offer
- FIFA 23 needs to focus on things beyond Ted Lasso
- Barcelona VP says Messi return would be ‘possible financially’
- Brands hoping World Cup boosts Gen Z interest in soccer
- Hummel makes statement with World Cup kits for Denmark
- 3 reasons Arlington is not ideal host for 2026 World Cup final
- Richarlison racially abused in Brazil’s win over Tunisia
- Where to find Chelsea vs. West Ham on US TV
- USMNT staggers into World Cup following draw with Saudi Arabia
- 2026 World Cup Final will reportedly be in Arlington, Texas