Now that the Seattle Sounders have been the MLS club with the highest average attendance by far for each of its eight MLS seasons, it’s quite possible that Atlanta United may knock the Sounders off their perch by the end of the season. So far this year, Atlanta is averaging 50,610 after two home games. The Sounders, meanwhile, played their first home game of the season on Sunday, and drew 45,600 fans.
Elsewhere in the league for MLS gameweek 3, Colorado Rapids (14,013) and DC United (14,031) were the only two teams to report low attendances. New York City FC’s attendance could be seen as a low number too, although their attendance of 18,515 might be considered okay elsewhere in the league. However, the 18,515 number was the lowest turnout of NYCFC’s short existence thus far.
Speaking of attendances, Los Angeles has led the league in away attendance every year since 2007. Any coincidence that’s the year Beckham came to La La land? Not likely.
After the first 32 matches, the average attendance is up 1.26%.
MLS gameweek 3 reported attendances:
|MLS Attendance – Equal # of Home Games|
100+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $29.99/mo. for fubo Español Package
- Watch Premier League, LaLiga, Liga MX & MLS
- Includes NBC, NBCSN, ESPN, FS1, FS2, TUDN, beIN SPORTS and more
Favorite Leagues At The Best Price
- Starting price: $7.99/mo. for Live TV Package
- Watch LaLiga, Primeira Liga and Copa Libertadores
- Includes beIN SPORTS, GolTV, TyC Sports and more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $5.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $12.99/mo.)
- Features Serie A, Bundesliga, FA Cup, EFL & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
Live TV, Soccer & Originals
- Starting price: $5.99/mo.
- Features Champions League, Europa League & NWSL
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ