Piraeus (Greece) (AFP) – Mexican striker Alan Pulido has been sold to Guadalajara by Olympiakos, the Greek champions announced Tuesday.
No details of the transfer were revealed by the Super League club but Greek media reported that Olympiakos will receive 6.5 million euros for the deal.
Pulido, 25, played in eight matches scoring five goals for Olympiakos last season and also played for Greek side Levadiakos and Mexico’s Tigres UANL.
He was part of Mexico’s 2014 World Cup team and has six caps scoring four goals.
In May Pulido was kidnapped in Mexico by four armed men demanding six million pesos in ransom.
He was rescued after he untied himself, fought one of his kidnappers and took away his phone to call police hours after his abduction, authorities said.
Pulido signed a four-year contract with Olympiakos last season.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, Women’s World Cup, Euro 2024 & Gold Cup
The New Home of MLS
- Price: $14.99/mo. for MLS Season Pass
- Watch every MLS game including playoffs & Leagues Cup
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $9.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $12.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & FA Cup
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & Brasileirāo