Paris (AFP) – Leicester City will take on former European champions PSV Eindhoven in the quarter-finals of the Europa Conference League after being paired together in Friday’s draw, with a possible semi-final against Jose Mourinho’s Roma in store for the winners.
The Premier League side made it through to the second European quarter-final of their history by defeating French club Rennes 3-2 on aggregate on Thursday.
Brendan Rodgers’s team will be at home in the first leg on April 7 before going to the Netherlands for the return a week later.
PSV, who won the European Cup in 1988 and the UEFA Cup in 1978, crushed FC Copenhagen 8-4 on aggregate in the last 16 and currently sit second in the Dutch league, two points behind leaders Ajax.
The winners of that tie will face either Roma or Bodo/Glimt in the semi-finals, with the Italians meeting the Norwegians again after the sides also clashed in the group stage.
The Norwegian champions trounced Roma 6-1 at home and then drew 2-2 in Rome. They have since eliminated Celtic and AZ Alkmaar in the knockout stages.
The quarter-final draw also saw former Champions League winners Marseille paired with PAOK of Greece, while Feyenoord — another past European Cup winner — will play Slavia Prague.
The final of the new third-tier continental competition will be played in the Albanian capital, Tirana, on May 25.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, Women’s World Cup, Euro 2024 & Gold Cup
The New Home of MLS
- Price: $14.99/mo. for MLS Season Pass
- Watch every MLS game including playoffs & Leagues Cup
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $9.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $12.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & FA Cup
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $5.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & Brasileirāo