ESPN networks and ABC will combine to televise more than 140 live hours of the UEFA European Football Championship 2020 beginning Friday, June 11 with the opening match in Rome, through the Final on Sunday, July 11 at historic Wembley Stadium in London.
ESPN will televise 40 UEFA EURO 2020 matches, ESPN2 will air six, and ABC will broadcast five matches (two group stage matches, two round of 16, and one quarterfinal) – the first UEFA European Football Championship matches on network television since 2008. The matches will stream live on both the ESPN and ABC apps. Additionally, matches on ABC will also simulcast on ESPN3.
ESPN+ will livestream all 51 matches via a second-screen experience with three different feeds – an aerial cam (tactical cam) and two additional feeds that provide fans with a combination of player and manager Iso-Cams, as well as audio from ESPN’s match commentators.
All match telecasts for the UEFA European Football Championship will include pregame, halftime and postgame studio segments across ABC, ESPN and ESPN2.
Tournament Preview Show: ESPN2 will kick off coverage with a 30-minute preview show on Wednesday, June 9 at 6:30 p.m. ET.
• EURO Today will air in-between matches throughout the tournament.
• EURO Tonight will air on match-days after the last match on ABC, ESPN and ESPN2
• Surround Content: Leading up to and during the month-long competition, ESPN3 will showcase 12 pre-tournament magazine shows.
UEFA EURO 2020 on ESPN+:
In addition to the second-screen experience for all tournament matches, ESPN+ will simulcast ESPN’s presentation of the UEFA EURO 2020 semifinals and final matches. Other EURO content highlights:
ESPN FC – Hosts Dan Thomas and Kay Murray will be joined every match day by a rotation of analysts for daily editions of the soccer news, highlights and opinion program. Portions of the show will focus on the day’s UEFA EURO 2020 action.
UEFA EURO-branded studio programming will include a daily highlight show, review shows leading into the Round of 16 and quarterfinals, a tournament review and UEFA EURO 2020 Final preview show, and a special recap program immediately following the Final.
A collection of classic UEFA European Football Championship matches will be available beginning June 8.
With 22 of the 24 national teams in the championship ranked among the top 50 teams in the FIFA World Rankings (April 2021), the UEFA European Football Championship is arguably the most prestigious and competitive international soccer tournament in the world. The first championship was in 1960, hosted by France.
To commemorate the 60th year from the first championship, UEFA EURO 2020 matches will be played in 11 host cities across Europe – Amsterdam, Baku (Azerbaijan), Bucharest, Budapest, Copenhagen, Glasgow, London, Munich, Rome, Seville (Spain) and St. Petersburg. The tournament was scheduled for June-July 2020, but was postponed to this summer due to COVID-19.
ESPN has been the U.S. home of the UEFA European Football Championship since 2008. Spain (2008 and 2012) and Portugal (2016) have been crowned champions of football in Europe on an ESPN network.
READ MORE: European Championship beginner’s guide
To find out when soccer games are on, download the free Soccer TV Schedules App which includes listings of all of the live soccer matches available in the United States (available on Apple iOS devices and Android devices).
Here’s the Euro 2020 TV schedule (all times Eastern):
Euro 2020 TV schedule
25+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, Liga MX, MLS & World Cup
- Includes ESPN, FOX, Univision, TUDN and more
Favorite Leagues At The Best Price
- Starting price: $7.99/mo. for Live TV Package
- Watch Argentine league, Brasileirāo and Copa Libertadores
- Includes beIN SPORTS, GolTV, TyC Sports and more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, Copa del Rey & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
Live TV, Soccer & Originals
- Starting price: $4.99/mo.
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & more
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
Get All 3 And Save 30%
- $13.99/mo. for ESPN+, Disney+ & Hulu
- Includes Bundesliga, LaLiga, NHL & the home to UFC
- Features Marvel, Star Wars + shows & movies for your entire family