Lyon (AFP) – Poland international defender Maciej Rybus has signed for three years with Lyon, the French Ligue 1 side said on Tuesday.
“He completes the defensive lineup and numerically fills in for Henri Bedimo (end of contract),” said Lyon president Jean-Michel Aulas.
Coach Bruno Genesio praised Rybus as “a technical player, very good at an offensive level, quick”.
Rybus started his career at Legia Warsaw and transferred in 2012 to Terek Grozny in the Russian top flight for 2.7 million euros ($3 million).
The 26-year-old has 38 caps for Poland and was selected for Euro 2016 before suffering a shoulder injury, but has since recovered and passed his medical with the French club.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, Women’s World Cup, Euro 2024 & Gold Cup
The New Home of MLS
- Price: $14.99/mo. for MLS Season Pass
- Watch every MLS game including playoffs & Leagues Cup
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $10.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $14.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & FA Cup
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $5.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & Brasileirāo