FOX Sports has announced that it has acquired the Spanish-language and English-language rights to Club Tijuana home games in Liga MX and Copa MX. Both FOX Sports and FOX Deportes will begin broadcasting games featuring Xolos starting this summer.
The announcement represents a huge milestone for Liga MX as it’s the first time that FOX Sports has dipped its toe in the water to bring Liga MX to English-language viewers in the United States. Previously, ESPN televised Liga MX games in English several years ago.
Club Tijuana, commonly referred to as Xolos, typically schedule their home games on Friday nights, so the timing of their games will fit in well with FOX Sports’ weekend schedule and won’t interfere with MLS.
The timing of FOX Sports acquiring the rights to Xolos home games is optimal given that the broadcaster recently lost the rights to the UEFA Champions League and UEFA Europa League.
Prior to acquiring the English- and Spanish-language rights to Xolos home games, Univision Deportes held the rights to the popular Liga MX club. Club Tijuana is so popular in southern California that many American soccer fans travel south of the border to adopt Xolos as their local team.
FOX’s coverage of Club Tijuana games will begin after this summer’s World Cup. The Liga MX Apertura typically begins in late July or early August.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, Women’s World Cup, Euro 2024 & Gold Cup
The New Home of MLS
- Price: $14.99/mo. for MLS Season Pass
- Watch every MLS game including playoffs & Leagues Cup
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $9.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $12.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & FA Cup
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & Brasileirāo
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season