Connect with us

FOX Soccer 2GO

FOX will show Bundesliga games across FOX networks

bundesliga

FOX Sports’ exclusive coverage of the 2015/16 Bundesliga season will feature games that will be shown live across FOX Sports 2, FOX Soccer Plus and streaming service FOX Soccer 2GO.

UPDATE: FOX SPORTS OFFICIALLY ANNOUNCES BUNDESLIGA TV COVERAGE PLANS.

As of press time, here’s what World Soccer Talk can reveal so far: about the first season of a five-year deal that FOX Sports has with the Bundesliga:

• Every single game of the 2015/16 Bundesliga season will be shown live and on-demand on FOX Soccer 2GO via the web, mobile and tablet apps (US residents only),

• Select Bundesliga games will be shown live on FOX Sports 2 (see Bundesliga TV schedule for full details),

• We anticipate that select games will be shown on FOX Sports 1. However, as of press time, there are currently no Bundesliga games listed on FOX Sports 1’s TV schedule for the first three weeks of the season,

• Reruns of the Bundesliga games on FOX Sports 2 will be limited. In the first 3 weeks of programming, there’s an average of 1 game a week shown on rerun.

SEE MORE — Preliminary TV schedule for Bundesliga on US TV.

As an indicator of what soccer fans can expect from FOX Sports’ coverage of the Bundesliga, the first game of Bayern Munich’s season will be shown live on FOX Soccer Plus, while their next two games are scheduled for FOX Sports 2.

In the leaked documents we’ve seen thus far, there are no games scheduled to appear on FOX Sports 1. Of course, schedules are subject to change.

What the schedules do indicate, however, is that FOX Sports will often feature two Bundesliga games with Saturday morning kickoffs on FOX Sports 2.

SEE MORE — FOX’s lack of communication about Bundesliga coverage is worrisome

A typical weekend schedule of Bundesliga coverage on FOX Sports will feature:

Friday: The 2:30pm ET game will sometimes be shown live on FOX Soccer Plus, but will always be available live on FOX Soccer 2GO,

Saturday: FOX Sports 2 will feature a 30-minute game preview show beginning at 9am ET, followed by coverage of the one featured match from 9:25am to 11:30am ET on FOX Sports 2.

At the same time of the 9:30-11:30am ET game on FOX Sports 2, a different Bundesliga game will be televised on FOX Soccer Plus.

The other three 9:30am ET Bundesliga games will be shown live on FOX Soccer 2GO.

Following the 9:30am-11:30am ET game, FOX Sports 2 will air a rerun of UFC.

Then, at 12:25pm ET, FOX Sports 2 will feature 5 minutes of pre-game before the 12:30pm-2:30pm ET game is shown live. At 2:30pm ET, FOX Sports 2 will return to showing UFC reruns.

Sunday: There are two games on a Sunday — one that kicks off at 9:30am ET, followed by one that starts at 11:30am ET. In addition to all of these games being shown live and on-demand on FOX Soccer 2GO, select Sunday morning games will be shown on either FOX Sports 2 or FOX Soccer Plus.

For the first 3 weeks of the Bundesliga season, week 1 has one of the Sunday morning clashes on FOX Soccer Plus, week 2 has one of the games on FOX Sports 2 while week 3 has both games on FOX Soccer Plus.

On an average Bundesliga weekend, 2 matches will be shown on FOX Sports 2 while 2-3 will be shown on FOX Soccer Plus.

So where does this leave fans of German soccer?

Soccer fans face three major hurdles:

One, not everyone has access to FOX Sports 2. There are still many TV providers (some regional Comcast ones, for example) that don’t offer FOX Sports 2. Currently, FOX Sports 2 is in 46 million homes, while FOX Sports 1 is in 84 million.

Two, for many viewers who are able to get FOX Sports 2, the coverage is not available in HD.

Three, after being in existence for more than five years, FOX Soccer Plus is still not available via many TV providers in the United States. For those who do offer it, it’s a premium channel priced up to $20/month and won’t provide access to every game.

The only way to gain access to every Bundesliga game live and on-demand during the season is via FOX Soccer 2GO. A monthly subscription to FOX Soccer 2GO is $19.99, but an annual subscription is available for $99.99 (which works out to be $8.33/month).

Share your thoughts regarding the coverage in the comments section below.

bundesliga

200+ Channels With Sports & News
  • Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
  • Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
  • Includes NBC, USA, FOX, ESPN, CBSSN & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
  • Price: $69.99/mo. for Entertainment package
  • Watch World Cup, Euro 2024 & MLS
  • Includes ESPN, ESPN2, FS1 + local channels
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
  • Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
  • Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
  • Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
2,000+ soccer games per year
  • Price: $4.99/mo
  • Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
  • Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
  • Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
  • Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
  • Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
69 Comments

69 Comments

1. Elbkind

September 6, 2015 at 4:14 pm

Very disappointing to see the SKY Sports feed on MGTV+ go. FOX has proven over and over again that they are not capable of brodcasting anything sports. Even though globally, Bayern probably has the biggest Bundesliga fan base, there are PLENTY of expats in the US that couldn’t care less about their games. Also, what about BL2? St. Pauli has a similar international recognition and fan base (6 season ticket holders reside in the US) … Dear FOX, and dear DFL: thank you for preventing all German expats in the US from experiencing the whole BL1 and BL2 experience that SKY TV has been providing for many years. I hope you lose your behind on this deal so we can hope for a real sports channel broadcasting BL again, and in german, soon.

2. Kevin

August 20, 2015 at 7:26 am

Hey Christopher,

How about you update this article and let fans know there’s going to be 60+ matches on FX Sport 1???

Or inform people that anyone that has a FS1 tv subscription can steam those games on foxsportsgo.com

3. Nussdorfer AC

August 11, 2015 at 3:47 pm

Does foxsoccer2go have any plans of adding score and clock graphics to the streams? I appreciate some nostalgia, but it’s ridiculous to watch the games without the score and time.

• Christopher Harris

August 11, 2015 at 4:46 pm

They generally don’t include it because they often include the Sky Sports commentary but don’t want to include the Sky Sports graphics on-screen.

4. Antblb

July 29, 2015 at 7:41 pm

Don’t worry guys, a reliable source is telling me that there will be 58 games on FS1, 60 on fs2, the opener will be on FSN. you should have an announcement within 24 hours.

5. ARUK79

July 26, 2015 at 7:02 pm

I thought the point of Fox Sports buying the rights was to increase the size of the audience that could watch the games. I would think the numbers are going to be horrific. maybe that will make them change their mind. I cancelled my subscription to Fox Soccer Plus when they lost the EPL. I now know no one who has an active subscription to Fox Sports Plus.

I am just hoping they don’t win the rights for the EPL when they go up for auction in the next couple of months.

6. MC

July 26, 2015 at 3:44 pm

Any change Fox will show one game each week on local Fox station, like NBC does it every Saturday? They broadcasted Barca-MU yesterday on local Fox (OTA one).

• Christopher Harris

July 26, 2015 at 4:02 pm

No chance unfortunately.

It’d be great if FOX showed a game on FOX Sports 1 to start.

7. Bund2Fan

July 26, 2015 at 10:31 am

I agree with the fact that Fox will cherrypick the Bundesliga too the nines (although that doesn’t bother me since I root for Bayern. What torques me is that I will no longer be able to view the German language SkyTV Germany feed shown on MGTV+ on DISH. They showed Bundesliga 2 Highlights also (I’m more a TSV Munich 1860 Fan than Bayern.) Plus you’ll never see any mid-tier team like FC Augsburg or a newbie like FC Ingolstadt unless they play one of the big four (Bayern, Dortmund, Schalke, or Leverkusen.)

8. Borussia DortMan

July 25, 2015 at 3:07 pm

For there to be no games on FS1 or FOX is inexcusable. They don’t even have to have a game on FOX every week, just for major matches when Münich and Dortmund play Leverkusen, Wolfsburg, Schalke, and maybe Mönchengladbach during the late Saturday fixture (maybe when MLB is over in the winter if that’s a conflict).

But there should be at least 1 weekly fixture on FS1 every week. Pushing the Friday matches to FS+ is a major blow as there is no competition between the EPL, NFL/College, MLB during that time. At the very least alternating that slot between FS1 and FS2 depending on the matchup would be fantastic.

We’ll have to see whether any of this changes after the first three weeks but it’s not a good start. Luckily I have FS2 in HD so I will catch the occasional matches but I refuse to pay for FS+!

9. Hiker200

July 25, 2015 at 12:00 pm

We are really angry about how Fox Sports makes it hard to the more than casual, but not hardcore soccer fan to see the games we want. For financial reasons, we have chosen not to have cable. However, before we were able to catch games on Univision or by srreaming Watch ESPN because we have Verizon DHL. Now, you can only stream if you have Verizon FiOS. In our area, if you switch to FiOS, you lose your landline. With the weather challenges we have, we are keeping the landline and cell phones. For us, it was as if the women’s World Cup never took place. We thought about paying the monthly fee, but didn’t want to see soccer on a tablet or phone. Really disappointing that Fox has taken over international soccer broadcasting in the U.S.

10. NaBUru38

July 24, 2015 at 9:44 am

No German Bundesliga matches on Fox Sports 1 is absolutely ridiculous. Ratings on Fox Sports 2 and Fox Soccer Plus will be terrible.

11. rkujay

July 23, 2015 at 2:53 pm

With directv sports pack I get fs1 and 2 in HD. I gave up plus when fox lost the EPL. I won’t pay $15/mo. for it…ever again. Did I say ever? NEVER! EVER AGAIN!

Fox continues its policy of favoring baseball, throwball, racin’ and rasslin’. It’s what you want, right?

12. Jay

July 23, 2015 at 2:32 pm

Is there any news if FOX Deportes will be airing Bundesliga matches? I don’t have any of the above mentioned channel options except FOX Deportes so it looks like that year of anticipation/excitement was worthless.

Thanks FOX!

That’s sarcasm by the way. I point that out because you people at the network are a special case of obtuse twits.

• revv

July 24, 2015 at 9:54 am

Fox deportes has been airing commercials of the upcoming Bundesliga matches.

• revv

July 24, 2015 at 8:50 pm

Fox Deportes will be airing the German Super Cup, it is on their schedule already.

• Firas Shadad

July 25, 2015 at 10:38 am

I saw this as well. I have Deportes in HD and might save me from getting Plus. Having Deportes is a game changer and I don’t mind the Spanish commentary.

• revv

July 25, 2015 at 11:04 am

Same here I was about to order Fox Soccer Plus but it looks like those matches will be on Deportes so I will save myself the $15 a month.

13. Daniel

July 23, 2015 at 1:36 pm

“Following the 9:30am-11:30am ET game, FOX Sports 2 will air a rerun of UFC.” There’s appropriate Saturday morning television! Rather than highlights and discussion of the five games that just happened I want my 4 year old daughter asking me why two men are beating the living crap out of each other on 8:30 am (pacific) TV.

14. MikeReece

July 23, 2015 at 12:55 pm

Is it possible that this is all a tentative schedule and that the reason why we are not getting any major commitments from Fox is that they are waiting to see how bidding for rights to La Liga and Seria A go?

If Fox wins the rights to one or both of those leagues, it would affect their scheduling for the Bundesliga, so perhaps they are laying low and publicizing a worst case scenario until it is clear who has won the rights to La Liga and Seria A starting next season.

If Fox do not obtain the rights to the Spanish or Italian leagues, they may then schedule more Bundesliga matches on FS1, for example.

Just a thought.

• Christopher Harris

July 23, 2015 at 1:12 pm

The schedule for the first 3 weeks is set in stone — unless FOX makes any last-minute changes (which the TV providers won’t be happy about because the data goes into their programming guides), etc.

beIN SPORTS is on the cusp of acquiring the rights to La Liga – See https://worldsoccertalk.com/2015/07/14/bein-sports-close-to-agreeing-landmark-la-liga-tv-rights-deal-in-us/

We’re looking into the Serie A rights situation.

All good questions, but you’re putting too much faith in FOX for delaying their communications. It’s more that they’re behind the eight ball after the Women’s World Cup and Gold Cup than waiting to finalize other contracts.

• Annoyingracoon01

July 23, 2015 at 2:38 pm

I saw a promo on Bein for next seasons Serie A, so I’m assuming they retained the rights.

• Creek

July 27, 2015 at 3:10 pm

Correct me if I’m wrong, but Bundesliga and La Liga matches aren’t usually at the same times. I would actually expect this type of scheduling if they had La Liga because their games are mostly in the afternoon in the US, when FOX is showing college football.

15. t

July 23, 2015 at 12:41 pm

Go on F*X, make my day, tell me the commentator is going to be Gus Johnson

16. Hollywood FC

July 23, 2015 at 11:29 am

Relax.

Every Hollywood FC (Bayern Munich) match will be televised in the U.S.

FOX Deportes should have most games live.

Univision Deportes Network (UDN) will re-air every Hollywood FC match via FCBtv: Bundesliga on Mondays, Champions League on Thursdays.

17. Rick

July 23, 2015 at 11:19 am

Terrible- FOX will do the same with the world cup. Get a clue and put more games on either Fox 1 or Fox network!

18. Marc

July 23, 2015 at 11:00 am

The only reason I still have Time Warner cable is because of the sports pack I get for I think is $9.00 a month. With that I get FS1, FS2, Plus, Bein, NBC Sports Extra channels & Goltv. To much football is a good thing.

• CTBlues

July 23, 2015 at 12:44 pm

I have a similar deal with Optimum. You better hope Cox doesn’t screw with that once the buyout goes through.

19. John

July 23, 2015 at 10:05 am

As far as TV coverage goes that is disappointing. I have been using FoxSoccer2Go since it’s creation and while I am please every single game will be available live and on demand, FS2G has yet to have an app for Chomecast, or the other usb streaming devices to my knowledge, so I am only able to get a crisp stream on my laptop and not on my TV. Hope they get that sorted soon.

• David

July 23, 2015 at 1:23 pm

You can get a good stream on your tv, but you will need an Apple device. You can use Airplay to stream games on your tv with an Apple tv.

• Daniel

July 23, 2015 at 1:32 pm

It’s watchable via AirPlay but nowhere close to HD. Not on par with other streaming services (FSGO, NGSN, etc.) 2400 kbps bitstream. It’s fine midweek for CL since I’m at work and watching on a computer but for a big screen TV not acceptable for 2015. Let’s get with the times FS2GO!

• revv

July 24, 2015 at 9:56 am

I am glad you posted this, I was wondering if the app could be used with chromecast or other devices, without that it’s not worth it in my opinion, the mirroring quality is not the same.

• Christopher Harris

July 24, 2015 at 9:57 am

It’s not compatible with Chromecast.

20. Greg

July 23, 2015 at 8:49 am

Does this impact the Bundesliga coverage available through FuboTV? I was thinking about trying it out this upcoming season since I cut the cord last year. The FuboTV website still has Bundesliga listed in the leagues available. Have you heard anything Chris? Thanks in advance.

• Christopher Harris

July 23, 2015 at 9:16 am

fuboTV no longer has rights to the Bundesliga. FOX has exclusive rights to the Bundesliga coverage.

• Greg

July 23, 2015 at 9:41 am

Thanks for the prompt reply Chris! I thought that may be the case based on the article, but wasn’t sure since they still list Bundesliga on the FuboTV website. Thanks again.

21. Tony

July 23, 2015 at 8:29 am

I only get Fox Sports 2 and Fox Soccer Plus in SD. For me, this is a downgrade from GolTV when it comes to coverage.

Fox seems to have purchased Bundesliga rights to attempt to seed Fox Sports 2 or to keep games away from competitors. Either way, this very disappointing. Soccer executives must understand that promotion and cable access are extremely important. If Bundesliga truly wants more exposure in the US, they have set themselves back with this deal.

• MC

July 23, 2015 at 1:50 pm

I do agree that Fox is getting these contracts just to keep games away from competitors. I guess they care less about viewer experience after they acquire these rights.
      Limited access to channels that are in SD, no support for Roku or Apple TV (both Fox Sports Go and Fox Soccer 2 Go). I read horrible reviews about Fox Soccer 2 Go. The current app version is rated like 1 star on Itunes…

22. Tim

July 23, 2015 at 7:20 am

Ive got FS1 and FS2 so i am cool with it…I dont see me getting FS+ again. After it changed from Setanta i have not seen the value.

23. Trip

July 23, 2015 at 6:41 am

To: PL Executives
    From: US Soccer Fans

Please see what Fox is doing to the Bundesliga and remember when they come knocking with a ridiculous offer for the rights of the PL; this is how they are going to handle your sport. NBCSN is doing the best job any American network could possible do, even if NBCSN offer is less, TAKE IT! You are on the doorstep of entering the US sporting habit (Saturday morning, must watch soccer), don’t mess it up with a network that won’t continue the terrific run by NBCSN, sometimes it’s not all about money.

US Soccer Fans

24. Chris

July 23, 2015 at 1:22 am

Well, there goes the usefulness of my new 60″ tv… Can’t wait to watch that beautiful crisp SD 480p video feed on FS2. Already counting down to the first game, oh wait.. I don’t get that channel

25. Thyname

July 22, 2015 at 11:35 pm

Having two games per week on Fox Sports 2 is better than having all games on Fox Soccer Plus. I will not pay $15/month for FSP.

One of the (many) reasons I switched from Cox to Directv is to get FS2 on HD. Cox had it on SD

I am crossing my fingers some games will be on Fox Deportes. I pay $5/month for Directv Deportes, just for beIN Spanish, but this package has Fox Dportes, ESPN Deportes and GolTV in addition, all inHD

26. Pakapala

July 22, 2015 at 9:51 pm

Wow Fox Sports heads! Way to make sure your coverage of Bundesliga will be a success. Talk about shooting yourself in the foot!

27. GM

July 22, 2015 at 9:41 pm

Any word on English vs. German commentary? I assume all the non-main games will be on German commentary?

• Christopher Harris

July 22, 2015 at 9:53 pm

It’ll probably be English-language commentary via the world feed.

• Firas Shadad

July 22, 2015 at 10:06 pm

I expect all have English commentary. The DFL hires a number of English speaking commentators like Phill Bonnie, James Thorogood, etc.. They are solid. No issues there.

28. Firas Shadad

July 22, 2015 at 9:28 pm

Well said by everyone I have very little to add. It’s a real shame and wasted opportunity by Fox and the Bundesliga.
    I am in slightly better shape than some. I have FS2 in HD but putting the opening Friday fixture on plus is unacceptable. This is the kick off game featuring Bayern the defending champs and most will miss it.

29. cky27

July 22, 2015 at 9:03 pm

Any information regarding non-live games. Or games on FSD?

• Christopher Harris

July 22, 2015 at 9:04 pm

FOX Deportes will have games, too, but I don’t have information on their coverage plans.

The article mentions that FOX Sports 2 will show 1 rerun of a game per week, on average.

30. Daniel

July 22, 2015 at 8:37 pm

Nice to see Fox continuing the time honoured tradition of ruining every sport they get the rights to. You cannot imagine how much I am looking forward to how they are going to bungle the Russian World Cup. Everything that NBC does right with the EPL Fox does the complete opposite. Want to watch a Bundesliga team OTHER than Bayern Munich better subscribe to our $20/month streaming service. $20/month!!

31. Mws192

July 22, 2015 at 8:34 pm

This is pathetic.

32. Brian E. Denton

July 22, 2015 at 8:23 pm

Fox Sports 2 is the worst channel. The image quality is so horrible. It’s letterboxed on top and bottom and very pixalated. The other Fox channels are perfect. Does anyone else have this problem?

33. revv

July 22, 2015 at 8:18 pm

Does Fox Soccer plus have anything besides the Bundesliga and the SPL? Also does anyone know if there is a Fox Soccer to 2GO app for Roku or XBOX or can it at least be used with Chromecast?

• Christopher Harris

July 22, 2015 at 8:36 pm

More details about FOX Soccer 2GO apps and what platforms they support can be found here.

• RP

July 22, 2015 at 8:53 pm

Christopher, any insight into why FOX Soccer 2GO isn’t available to authenticated cable subscribers in the same way that WatchESPN or the NBC Premier League online streaming options are?

• Christopher Harris

July 22, 2015 at 9:02 pm

FOX outsourced FOX Soccer 2GO to a company called Perform Group from the UK. WatchESPN and NBC Sports Live Extra are owned by ESPN and NBC respectively.

FOX does have a different streaming platform named FOX Sports Go, which is available to authenticated TV subscribers, so if you have FOX Sports 2, you can watch only those FOX Sports 2 games live (and not on-demand) on FOXSportsGo.com.

• RP

July 22, 2015 at 9:13 pm

Thanks so much! I knew I watched a Gold Cup game last week on some sort of FOX streaming service, but thought it was maybe a one-off freebie via Soccer 2GO. I’ve just clicked on Sports 2GO, and *that’s* where I had been. Thanks for that…and also for all of your soccer coverage. 🙂

34. Miki

July 22, 2015 at 8:13 pm

This is truly awful. In Seattle, FS2 isn’t available on Comcast. What a pointless TV deal. Why did they bid for it in the first place?

• Annoyingracoon01

July 23, 2015 at 10:24 am

Fox is doing this so people will ask their cable providors for fs2.

• David

July 23, 2015 at 1:28 pm

Why are you blaming Fox for your cable provider not carrying a channel? You should be e-mailing your provider. It’s not the fault of Fox Comcast doesn’t want to make a deal to add FS2.

35. Tayo

July 22, 2015 at 8:00 pm

Yea, I am sure most people are not surprised now are we? FS2 is not available everywhere, at least not the HD version. Best believe I will NOT pay $15 for a channel in this day and age where my cable bill averages about $150 because I have to be on a package that includes bein sports, you now expect me to pay $15 for a SD channel?! Well looks like I will be doing the online streaming,thanks FOX

• francis

July 22, 2015 at 8:26 pm

fox will deservedly get flak for this scheduling, but some blame surely must go to the Bundesliga brass for signing off on this deal

• Daniel

July 22, 2015 at 8:46 pm

I agree completely, but what the hell is fox doing paying whatever they did for the rights only to stick it on a channel nobody gets and on a streaming service only true die-hards are going to pay for? Really, what does the league care? They got their millions from fox. If it tanks and Fox loses millions on it the Bundesliga doesn’t lose out on anything.

• TiLoBrown

July 23, 2015 at 8:04 am

I think Fox is hoping that sticking the BL on FS2 it’ll force more cable companies to carry the network.

Its a dumb move

• CTBlues

July 23, 2015 at 7:58 am

This sucks but it’s whole lot better than being on GolTV.

• StrikersFan

July 23, 2015 at 10:36 am

Actually, no it’s not. At least on GolTV it was a channel I got as a part of a regular package and didn’t have to pay extra for, and I could actually watch games. Yes it sucked that it wasn’t in HD, but I have Comcast and FS2 isn’t in HD for me either. So at best, I will sometimes be able to watch a game or two per weekend in the same SD that GolTV had, and certainly not getting anything award-winning with Fox’s studio coverage, what little there probably will be, of the league.

• CTBlues

July 23, 2015 at 12:35 pm

I get FS+HD as part of my cable’s sports package.

• Brian

July 24, 2015 at 8:14 pm

FS+ is not available to the majority of cable subscribers.