Liverpool took a big hit on Sunday when manager Brendan Rodgers confirmed that forward Daniel Sturridge will miss six to eight weeks with an ankle injury.
Sturridge suffered a ligament strain in his left ankle while training on Friday for today’s match against Hull City. The Liverpool striker suffered a similar injury to his right ankle in May while playing for England and that injury left him sidelined for three months.
The loss of Sturridge, who has scored 11 goals in 14 games this season, leaves a hole that will be tough for Rodgers to fill. Sturridge kept the Reds going while Luis Suarez served his suspension earlier in the year and has combined with Suarez to make a potent offensive punch.
With three games over the next 11 days, Rodgers will have to adjust on the fly if Liverpool can continue its strong play that has seen them at or near the top of the Premier League table through the season’s first 12 games.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, Women’s World Cup, Euro 2024 & Gold Cup
The New Home of MLS
- Price: $14.99/mo. for MLS Season Pass
- Watch every MLS game including playoffs & Leagues Cup
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $9.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $12.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & FA Cup
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $5.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & Brasileirāo