FC Barcelona has been invited to play in the 2017 MLS All-Star Game, a source confirmed to World Soccer Talk.
A final decision hasn’t been made yet, but if Barcelona does accept the invitation, it’s very likely that the All-Star Game will be played next summer at Soldier Field in Chicago, Illinois.
Barcelona, currently ranked as the second richest club in the world, has to decide first whether they plan on playing exhibition games in Asia or North America next summer. If the club decides to play in Asia, that means it won’t play in the MLS All-Star Game, but there will be an opportunity to play in the 2018 MLS All-Star Game instead.
During recent years, MLS has played against a range of international clubs including Arsenal (2016), Tottenham (2015), Bayern Munich (2014), Roma (2013), Chelsea (2012) and Manchester United (2011 and 2010). Adding FC Barcelona to that list of prestigious teams would be a huge coup for the rapidly expanding US top flight league.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, Women’s World Cup, Euro 2024 & Gold Cup
The New Home of MLS
- Price: $14.99/mo. for MLS Season Pass
- Watch every MLS game including playoffs & Leagues Cup
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $9.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $12.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & FA Cup
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & Brasileirāo
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season