Last month, Disney+ joined the streaming wars and immediately made a major impact due to their iconic collection of movies, shows and original programming that includes Star Wars: The Mandalorian. Another feature that separates themselves from the competition is the ability to bundle the new service with ESPN+ and Hulu, which is good news for soccer fans.
During its launch, the OTT (over-the-top) service had nearly 500 movies and 7,500 episodes of television shows available. According to Entertainment Weekly, outside of Disney, the content on the platform also comes from ABC Studios, 20th Century Fox, Freeform, Lucasfilm, Marvel, National Geographic and Pixar. Disney+ costs $6.99 per month or $69.99 a year which averages to about $5.83 a month. Out of the major OTT services, only Apple TV+ offers a cheaper package with $4.99 per month.
The price of the Disney+ bundle with ESPN+ and the ad-supported version of Hulu is $13.99. The standard package of Netflix also happens to cost $13.99 but that’s just for one service instead of three. If you are a Hulu subscriber and want to get the Disney bundle, you will need to sign up for the Disney bundle through Disney, using the email address associated with your existing Hulu subscription. When you sign up, you will have new Disney+ and ESPN+ accounts, along with your existing Hulu account. You will continue to be billed for your existing Hulu subscription as usual. You will continue to be billed by Hulu for your existing Hulu subscription, and so long as you keep your existing Hulu account, Disney will give you a credit towards your Disney bundle purchase in the amount of $5.99 per month (the value of the Hulu (ad supported) plan included in the Disney bundle) according to the Disney+ website.
If you want to have Hulu with the live TV plan or the no advertisement version of Hulu with the bundle, you will need to purchase those plans separately. Afterwards you’ll be able to bundle it with Disney+ and ESPN+.
For those of you who purchased Disney+ first and want to add the others, you will need to sign into their account on their website, click billing details and select switch to Disney bundle. ESPN+ subscribers that want to add the bundle will be given a credit in the amount equal to the monthly price of their existing subscription which is $5.99. Unfortunately, people outside the United States are currently unable to get the bundle. Also, you cannot choose two of the three. The bundle requires all three services to be included.
Hulu + Live TV offers content from networks like A&E, Bravo, E!, FOX Sports, FX, NBC Sports Network, NFL Network, Oxygen, PBS, Sundance TV and USA Network among many others. They also produce their own original programming which includes The Handmaid’s Tale which has won many awards.
ESPN+ has exclusive rights with sports leagues and companies around the world. The platform has a deal with the English Football League for Championship games (and select games from League One and League Two) plus Eredivisie, MLS, Serie A, Top Rank boxing, UEFA Nations League, the Tennis Grand Slam tournaments, UFC, USL, U.S. Open Cup and many other things. Starting next year, the Bundesliga will join the service as well.
For the price of $13.99, subscribers of the Disney+ bundle enjoy an immense, diverse and entertaining package from three excellent services. The services can also be viewed on a multitude of devices. Including computers, Chrome OS, MacOs and Windows, game consoles, PS4 and Xbox One, cell phones and tablets, and TVs, Amazon Fire TV, Apple TV, Android TV, Chromecast, Roku and Samsung.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
- Includes NBC, USA, FOX, ESPN, CBSSN & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
- Price: $69.99/mo. for Entertainment package
- Watch World Cup, Euro 2024 & MLS
- Includes ESPN, ESPN2, FS1 + local channels
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
- ‘Very happy’ Mbappe snubs Real Madrid to stay at PSG
- Lyon beat Barca to claim eighth Women’s Champions League
- Which countries are FIFA World Cup rivals?
- Rangers lift Scottish Cup trophy after Europa League heartache
- Mbappe set to snub Real Madrid and stay at PSG
- Rangers win Scottish Cup to erase Europa League heartache
- Kaizer Chiefs draw and miss out on Africa next season
- La Liga president calls Mbappe PSG deal ‘insult to football’
- Mbappe chooses to stay at PSG in Real snub: reports
- Man City’s De Bruyne voted Premier League Player of the season