Connect with us

Leagues: EPL

List Of TV Providers Offering Access to NBC Sports Live Extra

One of the most exciting aspects of NBC’s coverage of the 2013-14 Premier League season is that, for the first time ever, all 380 matches will be available online for free with authenticated access.

That means no $14.95 or $19.95 monthly subscriptions to only see a selection of the matches played — whether it was FOX Soccer 2Go, FOXSoccer.tv before that or Setanta-i.

As long as you have a TV subscription to NBC Sports Network with a TV provider who has an agreement in place with NBC Sports, you’re in. New TV providers have signed up, and hopefully even more will agree deals with NBC before the season kicks off on August 17.

For a complete list of the TV providers who are offering NBC Sports Live Extra (with an authenticated login, as long as you subscribe to NBC Sports Network on TV), see below. Note that this list is subject to change. And the list is complete as of press time.

A massive thank you goes out to World Soccer Talk reader Kris, who describes himself as a “graphic designer by day, and a World Soccer Talk reader by night.” Kris put together the entire list in Photoshop.

Questions? Here’s everything you need to know about NBC’s coverage of the Premier League.

200+ Channels With Sports & News
  • Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
  • Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
  • Includes NBC, USA, FOX, ESPN, CBSSN & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
  • Price: $69.99/mo. for Entertainment package
  • Watch World Cup, Euro 2024 & MLS
  • Includes ESPN, ESPN2, FS1 + local channels
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
  • Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
  • Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
  • Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
2,000+ soccer games per year
  • Price: $4.99/mo
  • Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
  • Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
  • Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
  • Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
  • Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
50 Comments

50 Comments

1. Arthur Hohensee

June 28, 2016 at 11:19 am

I have NO CABLE, only internet, so is there anyone that provides access to NBCSN online, I am only interested in NASCAR, absolutely NO SOCCER!!!

2. Rich

August 25, 2013 at 4:24 pm

If you live in the St. Louis area and are a Charter customer, you can forget the possibility of NBC Sports Extra Time.

3. Tony

August 15, 2013 at 8:44 am

Defo on bright house, Channels extra 1to 6 , 1831 onwards.

4. Tony

August 9, 2013 at 11:21 am

I spoke to a very helpful lady Suzette at bright house today the 9th who told me that they are in the progress of setting up the premier league extra time package for the start of the season.
    Hopefully she is correct, never know with bright house

Anyone else know the situation with bright house.

5. Afjet

August 6, 2013 at 3:18 pm

The link to charter Call: (888) 987-2074

6. Afjet

August 6, 2013 at 2:48 pm

Can someone with charter tell me if they are going to premier league extra time

• Christopher Harris

August 6, 2013 at 2:54 pm

Currently, the answer is no. Keep on calling Charter and demanding they add the service.

• Afjet

August 6, 2013 at 2:56 pm

Thnks i will do tht or switch love my epl

• Afjet

August 6, 2013 at 3:16 pm

Can people help me called about few times demanding premier league extra they just brushed me off javascript:void(0) thts the link

• Afjet

August 6, 2013 at 2:55 pm

What can i do about charter not having premier league extra

7. Mohammad B.

August 4, 2013 at 2:13 am

Any news on Charter?

• Christopher Harris

August 4, 2013 at 7:19 am

Charter, Brighthouse and Time Warner are the only major cable companies not to sign up so far.

• Mohammad B.

August 6, 2013 at 2:15 am

Thanks a lot Chris; this is becoming my nightmare now!

8. Samir

July 23, 2013 at 5:11 pm

I have charter and I do get all the nbc channels with the package that I currently carry but wondering why charter is not shown as part of the providers when I try to login to nbcsports/liveextra through my iphone app?

Thanks,
    Samir

9. Joe Ketz

July 23, 2013 at 2:38 pm

Where is the info coming from regarding what network providers are offering Prem Extra Time? Having those extra channels is a huuuuuge deal for me considering I’m a Southampton fan, it’s not like I get to watch them in glorious HD that often on my own tv! Yes watching them on nbc sport live extra will be good but I just want to be able to watch ALL their games on my tv, on my sofa, on a 40inch screen, in HD, vs at my desk on my computer with a crappy internet connection that buffers.

10. Michael M

July 22, 2013 at 4:31 pm

On the NBC Sports Live Extra app, RCN now shows up as one of the cable providers you can login with…!

11. goatslookshifty

July 19, 2013 at 10:51 am

When the hell did watching football matches become so complicated??

• Christopher Harris

July 19, 2013 at 11:12 am

It’s not complicated. As long as you subscribe to NBC Sports Network via your TV provider, and your TV provider has a deal in place with NBC, then you can watch every single match online and most of them on TV (and all of them on TV, if your provider has Premier League Extra Time).

12. Br|an

July 19, 2013 at 8:52 am

Damn you Brighthouse!

• Tony

August 9, 2013 at 11:23 am

Brian please see my post below

13. 4pool

July 19, 2013 at 7:47 am

Gaffer:

How about an update on those tv providers who will have Premier League Extra time.

Not interested in streaming and blowing my data limits…interested in watching on tv.

Thanks

• Christopher Harris

July 19, 2013 at 7:53 am

As soon as I have the news, I’ll post an article about it on this site.

• 4pool

July 19, 2013 at 8:50 am

Thanks.

I’ve shared your articles on a couple websites to increase the calls to the various tv providers.

Naturally, among us footy supporters there’s the concern we won’t get PLE. Those tv providers that don’t offer it will see cancellations depending on contract expiration’s.

I suspect they’ll fall in line as the season starts.

keep us updated, ta.

14. David

July 18, 2013 at 7:31 pm

I asked Time Warner Cable about this in their online chat,

“I would like to see Time Warner Cable add access to NBC Sports Live Extra and Premier League Extra Time within the next month. I left Dish and came to Time Warner in part for the access to Fox Soccer while the EPL was on Fox Soccer. Now that the EPL is on NBC I will be choosing a cable or satellite provider which has access to NBC Sports Live Extra and Premier League Extra Time.”

Jack>We appreciate your feedback. We are committed to providing you with the highest quality of service, so your feedback is very important to us. We also value your comments.
    Jack>Thank you very much for highlighting this to us.
    Jack>It will be definitely available by the next month for all our valued customers.
    Jack>Please be assured.

15. Leo

July 18, 2013 at 7:05 pm

Brighthouse is still not on this list! I’ve called twice and e-mailed 3 times. So if you have Brighthouse – or know someone that does – PLEASE contact them @ 1-888-289-8988 and let them know that this is important.

Thanks.

16. maw4bc

July 18, 2013 at 6:04 pm

My question is in regards to watching NON live matches online. Does anyone know if we will be able to access the matches online after they have finished? Those 6am matches were always impossible to get up for. I want to be able to wake up at 8 and start the match.

• Kris

July 18, 2013 at 10:50 pm

If there is no replay feature for all of the matches then the app becomes pointless. There has to be!? Right?!

Gaffer, any news on match replays for the app?

Hope the DISH dvr holds tons of space for recorded shows.

Also, like was discussed in the past, I hope there is not an annoying score ticker splashing scores all over the place. If you know the outcome of a match you were excited to see, then that match becomes meaningless to watch.

If that’s the case, my wife will have to be the one controlling the app, then she’ll just hand it to me when the match is the only thing filling my screen.

No score tickers, and replays for matches! Two must-haves for the forthcoming app.

🙂

• maw4bc

July 19, 2013 at 2:23 am

Exactly, what’s the point of having online without a replay feature.

• Ty

July 19, 2013 at 10:24 am

One of the the higher ups in the channel has that he never has tickers on his projects and there probably wont be one for EPL. Also I woud wat until a week. Or a couple of days before kickoff to switch your TV povider. NBC has said they expect more deals to be done.

17. Ming

July 18, 2013 at 5:54 pm

Well. All of them will be available unless some of them are on universal sports. No one carry this channel.

• DaveM

July 18, 2013 at 7:08 pm

I believe Dish and Direct TV both carry Universal Sports Network.

18. Tayo

July 18, 2013 at 5:47 pm

Feels good to see FIOS on there. I am ready!!

19. Kris

July 18, 2013 at 5:47 pm

Gaffer,

My pleasure making the list for everyone to see.

I’m in the same boat as all you guys.

I have Cox and have written (and called) more than 10-15 times – I’ve posted directly on Cox Communication’s Facebook page – always to be told the same thing over and over – simply in different ways, “Sorry, sir. But I’ll put in a request on your behalf to note your inquiry”.

Ghhh.

So, hopefully everyone’s situation will be worked out.

Looks like maybe Dish, or CenturyLink Prism TV for me.

Cheers

20. Uncle Menno

July 18, 2013 at 5:05 pm

I have a fantastic Comcast Xfinity cable internet package, but a basic Comcast cable TV package that does not include NBC Sports Network. What are the chances that my Xfinity cable will include NBC Sports Network access, even though I can’t get it on my TV?

• Christopher Harris

July 18, 2013 at 5:20 pm

Very slim. From what I understand, you need to have cable access to NBC Sports Network to be able to properly authenticate to access NBC Sports Live Extra.

• mike yuhas

July 18, 2013 at 6:13 pm

correct – you need the tv service that has NBC SN

21. BB

July 18, 2013 at 4:43 pm

Come on DIRECTV, get your sh*t together!

22. DaveG

July 18, 2013 at 4:43 pm

Called DirecTv today about NBC Sports Live Extra And Premier League Extra Time and the guy told me that they should have an announcement by July 27th, he made the comment that “it was not just up to DirecTv but also NBC as to whether it will be available”
    Told him that Xfinity and Dish were on board and even though my monthly $$ wont break them, they need to know that by not offering this, it was forcing myself and countless others to leave for another provider that will.
    I’m taking his comments with a grain of salt until the 27th then 🙂

• saywhat?

July 18, 2013 at 5:15 pm

The fact that the rep even knew what you were talking about is step in the right direction.

• Leafsfan1967

July 18, 2013 at 8:27 pm

I fear that the DirecTV “it’s not just up to us” speech could mean “we aren’t going to have this because we won’t pay NBC for it.”

23. christian

July 18, 2013 at 4:36 pm

Basically a large portion of New York City don’t have access to these providers. I have to stop looking at this page…it’s just extraordinarily frustrating not having access to this.

• Frill Artist

July 18, 2013 at 10:46 pm

Online is the way to go.

24. sucka99

July 18, 2013 at 4:32 pm

Absolutely hate the either or model. Why can’t someone offer both even if they charge $30 a month.

25. christian

July 18, 2013 at 4:12 pm

Seriously going to have to go Dish Network here. How can Time Warner or RCN be dragging their feet on this.

• Mr. X

July 18, 2013 at 5:32 pm

TWC was also the last major cable network to come to an agreement with the NFL Network, as well as the Big Ten network, IIRC.

• Dan

July 18, 2013 at 5:37 pm

However, they were one of the first to add FOX Soccer+ and beIN Sport, both in HD.

26. Dan

July 18, 2013 at 4:12 pm

Will these providers that are offering NBC Sports Live Extra also be offering Premier League Extra Time?

• Christopher Harris

July 18, 2013 at 4:47 pm

Not necessarily. Those are separate deals that need to be signed and agreed. No news yet on which TV providers will offer Premier League Extra Time.

• Dan

July 18, 2013 at 5:35 pm

Please update when that info becomes available. I’m much more interested in the extra channels than the online viewing.