Best Presenter – 2022 World Soccer Talk Awards
Who do you think is the best presenter for soccer coverage in the United States? Using this poll, you can select from the major candidates on the providers that broadcast soccer throughout the year.
Presenters, or hosts, of studio shows are the ones that drive discussion. Generally, they are well-versed in the knowledge of what is happening on and off the field. However, they leave the nitty gritty information to their analysts. These hosts ask questions of the analysts and sometimes provide points of their own. The goal is to make the coverage more lively and intriguing for those watching at home.
Depending on the analysts working alongside these presenters, the host can also stir the pot. In doing so, the presenters can provide more polarizing takes or opinions worthy of discussion. All are roles the presenter plays in leading a broadcast along.
The following presenters all have their own styles and formats that they use in broadcasts. However, each one of the following does very well at making coverage of soccer more entertaining for the masses.
In choosing who you think is the best presenter, try to look beyond the leagues you watch. If anything, use this as an opportunity to familiarize yourself with the other presenters. You may find that the other nominees are just as, if not more, suiting to your desires.
Best presenter for soccer on TV in the U.S.
Here are the nominees for best presenter in the United States:
Best Presenter 2022
- Poppy Miller (33%, 670 Votes)
- Rebecca Lowe (26%, 523 Votes)
- Kate Abdo (16%, 329 Votes)
- Sebastian Salazar (12%, 234 Votes)
- Kay Murray (4%, 88 Votes)
- Dan Thomas (4%, 74 Votes)
- Rob Stone (3%, 67 Votes)
- Steve Bower (2%, 38 Votes)
Total Voters: 2,023
Voting closes at midnight ET on July 31, 2022.
World Soccer Talk® is the number one source for television & streaming schedules that are complemented by in-depth reports, interviews and breaking news around the evolving soccer media industry and the leading providers.
World Soccer Talk is home to the longest continuous running soccer podcast in the world with over six million downloads since its launch in 2006. The weekly podcast features exclusive interviews with soccer TV personalities and executives as well as debate and analysis around the latest global soccer news. World Soccer Talk also service fans with comprehensive guides on cord cutting and ways to watch games, how-to videos, eBooks and FAQs. In late 2020 World Soccer Talk also released the Soccer TV Schedules app, offering the most comprehensive and accurate listings of soccer games available in the U.S. via television and streaming. The app is free and available across Apple and Android devices.
2022 World Soccer Talk Awards categories:
VIDEO, TV and STREAMING
THE SPOKEN WORD
THE WRITTEN WORD
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
- Price: $35/mo. for Sling Blue
- Watch Premier League, World Cup & MLS
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $9.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
110+ channels, live & on-demand
- Price: $59.95/mo. for Plus Package
- Includes FOX, FS1, ESPN, TUDN & more
- USMNT staggers into World Cup following draw with Saudi Arabia
- 2026 World Cup Final will reportedly be in Arlington, Texas
- England can’t win the World Cup without Jude Bellingham
- Qatar calls up hundreds of civilians to provide security at World Cup
- Michael Sheen send-off speech fires up Wales prior to World Cup
- Massive brawl at pub stains England vs Germany match
- Where to find Argentina vs. Jamaica on US TV
- Where to find Brazil vs. Tunisia on US TV
- Where to find Mexico vs. Colombia on US TV
- Where to find Portugal vs. Spain on US TV