Orlando City Breaks Record Attendance With 20,000+ Fans at USL Pro Final: Daily Soccer Report
Orlando City Soccer Club won the 2013 USL PRO Championship Game Saturday night after defeating Charlotte Eagles 7-4 in front of 20,886 fans at the Citrus Bowl in downtown Orlando.
The 20,000+ attendance was the largest attendance ever for an Orlando City game and an USL PRO match.
“To play in front of more than 20,000 tonight was amazing,” said Orlando City Head Coach Adrian Heath. “It’s a little bit surreal because I’ve never been involved in a game like that in my life (scoring 7 goals).“
The attendance Saturday night shattered the club’s former mark of 11,220 set in the 2011 USL PRO Championship Game by more than 9,800 fans. The attendance also set a new USL PRO record.
Congratulations to Orlando City for breaking the attendance record, and showing that there’s enough demand in Central Florida for a MLS team.
Here are today’s world soccer news headlines:
- Orlando City Soccer breaks record attendance with 20,000+ fans at championship game— WFTV
- MLS TV ratings worse this year than last year — Goal
- Bruce Arena rips “ridiculous” MLS fixture-date policy as starless LA Galaxy fall to Rapids — LA Galaxy
- Jon Walters misses Ireland training after ankle injury casts doubt ahead of Austria test — The Mail
- Here’s the moment Michael Bradley hurt his ankle in warm-ups before Costa Rica game — Dirty Tackle
- Klinsmann adds reinforcements for Tuesday’s match vs. Mexico — Pro Soccer Talk
- Gareth Bale still a major doubt to play any part in Wales’ World Cup clash with Serbia — Wales Online
- Eamon Dunphy on Glen Whelan: “He can’t run. He can’t pass. He can’t tackle” — 101GG
- Welsh football shows no sign of new dawn after latest farcical events — Wales Online
- 2020 Games: Tokyo celebrates after winning race to host Olympics — Sky Sports
- Reports: Arsenal to begin contract talks with Wenger — Pro Soccer Talk
- David James: After 1,000 games as a pro the statistics of my career don’t lie — The Guardian
- Chelsea captain John Terry to play in Stiliyan Petrov Charity Match on Sunday — 101GG
- Shocked N’Diaye will wait to decide long-term future after Sunderland loan exit — Sunderland Echo
- Newcastle made deadline day enquiry for Blackpool’s Thomas Ince — Off The Post
The Daily Soccer Report is your morning guide to the latest world soccer news headlines, so you don’t have to spend an hour or more scanning the Internet. We do all the work for you. Read The Daily Soccer Report on World Soccer Talk every morning to stay on top of all the news that matters.